DVD Flik error message: I/O error. What the heck?

vbimport

Hi everyone-

I was trying to use DVD Flik to have an .avi file playable in DVD format. The encoding went fine, but the burning process was interrupted by the following error message:

Error message zoomed in:

I'm not sure what to make of this. I'm using Verbatim 4.7 GB DVDs (they usually work very nicely). I don't think it's a formatting issue- I still get the same error message after re-saving the avi. using VirtualDub. I've used my DVDROM drive for burning on many occassions- this is the only time I've had trouble.

I tried using DVD Santa for the same file, but I get a similar error message when trying to burn. I'm encountering similar problems with some other .avi files I'm trying to work with, so I think that it might be a hardware issue.

Any thoughts?

That’s [B]not[/B] a DVD Flick error message. What you see is an ImgBurn message, a separate burning app. It does appear to be a hardware issue.

Post some details of your burner.

You could trying going into Device Manager, find your burner-> right click-> [B]uninstall[/B], then restart.

DVDFlick uses ImgBurn as its’ burner.
You probably have an ImgBurn log somewher on your OS with this burn.If you would post that it might help.
I couldnt see the file size in the image posted so I’m not sure if DVDFlick made too big of a folder to burn to single layer.
It is also possible it is some kind of copy protection that hasn’t been removed.

[QUOTE=MysticEyes;2287279]That’s [B]not[/B] a DVD Flick error message. What you see is an ImgBurn message, a separate burning app. It does appear to be a hardware issue.

Post some details of your burner.

You could trying going into Device Manager, find your burner-> right click-> [B]uninstall[/B], then restart.[/QUOTE]

I have a TSSTcorp CD/DVDW TS-L632D.

[B]UPDATE:[/B] I went out and bought a USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter Kit to connect an external DVD ROM I had to my laptop. DVD Flik seems to be working, now. I guess it was a hardware problem (no surprise- the DVDROM started to have issues reading discs not too long ago).

Thanks for the helpful replies.

[QUOTE=Vlad the Installer;2288003][B]UPDATE:[/B] I went out and bought a USB 2.0 to IDE/SATA Adapter Kit to connect an external DVD ROM I had to my laptop. DVD Flik seems to be working, now. I guess it was a hardware problem (no surprise- the DVDROM started to have issues reading discs not too long ago).

Thanks for the helpful replies.[/QUOTE]

HOW will help you a DVD-ROM drive within burning???