DVD Flick Torrent to DVD

vbimport

Please forgive me. I’m a newbie and very green. I hope I’m doing this rite?

I’ve been using DVD Flick to uncompress and recode and burn movies that are Legal! Torrents that have been compressed in various formats. DVD Flick has been working great/using ImgBurn to burn the disc after it encodes the video, then the audio the the subtitles. It combines, then burns with ImgBurn.

Lately, I’ve been having a very short lag between the audio and video. The audio is something like milliseconds earlier than the video after the burn. I’ve only seen DVD Flick mentioned once searching here for hours. Please, if anyone can help me, try to remember I’m a beginner and have run into something that I haven’t had problems with for a couple years now. Please be specific because I’m very inexperienced with the knowledge and terminology used tech-wise.

Mainly, I’m burning old TV shows for my mom. She is getting old and has to spend a lot of time sitting doing nothing and I am crippled so we both have Movies and TV for entertainment. I really am begging for help here. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled DVD Flick and will try to reburn some movies but wont be able to test them until next Thursday. Don’t have a DVD player. I will really appreciate any help anyone can offer. I don’t know how to use all these other programs and don’t know if they will work with compressed torrents? Will be praying for your help. Mark

I can’t guarantee this will fix your sync problem but most of the time it does.
Open DVDFlick & " Add title… " .
Now select “Edit title…” .
Select “Audio tracks” .
Select “Edit” on the highlighted file.
Check “Ignore audio delay for this track” .
Make your other settings as you usually do & burn a DVD.

That is about all the settings DVDFlick has to change the Audio.

There are some Video settings that might help but probably won’t.

Anything more would require other software that would at least give additional information about the file. Before we try that see if the setting above helps.

Thanks for the tip Cholla. I appreciate it! I will let you know what happens with DVD Flick. Do you know of any other open source DVD Encoder/Recorders similar to DVD Flick? I’m willing to learn and try things out if someone is willing to teach me? So far, I’ve done pretty well without any formal training. Haven’t had any major malfunctions. I think its about time I scratch clean my laptop and reinstall my os. I’m just afraid of doing something wrong. I have a Tera Byte external hard drive but its almost full? Any ideas?

[QUOTE=cholla;2688124]I can’t guarantee this will fix your sync problem but most of the time it does.
Open DVDFlick & " Add title… " .
Now select “Edit title…” .
Select “Audio tracks” .
Select “Edit” on the highlighted file.
Check “Ignore audio delay for this track” .
Make your other settings as you usually do & burn a DVD.

That is about all the settings DVDFlick has to change the Audio.

There are some Video settings that might help but probably won’t.

Anything more would require other software that would at least give additional information about the file. Before we try that see if the setting above helps.[/QUOTE]

I recorded The Proposal tonight and its audio/video are in perfect sync with my Optiarc laptop drive. Now I have to run it through a DVD player but I think this is definitely the cure.

Thanks a bunch Cholla. Can I ask how you found out about this tidbit of information? I’d like to learn as much as I can. Also, I lived in Austin Texas for a spell in the mid 80’s so we were kinda neighbors. Thanks again!

If you can find time, please tell me how you knew this might work? I will make sure to pass it on to my novice friends whom experience similar issues. So far, I’ve used Sony, Memorex, and now TDK all of the 4.7G DVD-R series. So far, the Sony had the most problems. Most were a flash of stills with a full audio track? Don’t know what that was all about? Mostly Television shows in the AVI package. The majority worked. Seemed like when I got into the 4-6th season everything went to crap.

Any ideas as to why this occurred? 4th season of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, 6th.-9th. season of All In The Family, 7th up on The Waltons. The only Television show I didn’t have any problems with was M.A.S.H. I’d like to find out what was happening before I get into The Honeymooners, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and The X-Files. One thing, when I watch these shows on the VLC player, it always has to fix the AVI. Says its broken even though they have recorded just fine. Care to take a stab at these issues sort of blindly?

You can be assured, I do appreciate your help and hope I can return the favor sometime. Maybe you can have me test out something like the BD Builder? I have Blu Ray on my laptop. In one of your forums, you said you didn’t have time and that’s all I have is time, mostly flat on my back praying for some sleep. It’s 0340 and I’m wide awake with all the right meds except natural herbal remedies:(

Anyway, if there is some testing I can help you with, let me know? Maybe I can find a home here to keep my days occupied? Gracias a mi Amigo!

p.s. My system is an HP Pavilion dv7-1175nr Home Entertainment Blu Ray, with Windows Vista Ultimate sp2 duo core Intel Centrino processors, 4G Ram w/286G memory and a Terabyte External Hardrive. I think its a pretty decent system. All I need are some instructions?

Mark

@ sparkymarktoo , On the how I learned about the audio setting in DVDFlick.
I’ve used it to make a DVD of multiple YouTube .flvs & sometimes the sync was off.
Since it was the only audio setting I could find in DVDFlick I just tried it & it worked.

Most of the long time members prefer to use Verbatim with AZO dye or TY discs for DVD .
I don’t have a BD drive & don’t know if I ever will. I’m just jumping over BD if I can & will use HDD for storage & probably eventually SSD.
Most laptop drives are not what you want to use to burn with so if you want to do BD you need an external BD drive that will work with your laptop. Someone else will have to advise you on that because I don’t have one. The same for DVD.
You will not get as good of quality burn with a laptop & its drive will wear out much quicker than a full size drive. They are mostly for reading a disc when you have to .

[QUOTE=sparkymarktoo;2688248]…4th season of Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman, 6th.-9th. season of All In The Family, 7th up on The Waltons. The only Television show I didn’t have any problems with was M.A.S.H. I’d like to find out what was happening before I get into The Honeymooners, Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue and The X-Files.[/QUOTE]

All of these tv shows are still under copyright protection, and if you have obtained them through torrents, they are almost certainly [B]not[/B] legal downloads.

Please refrain from mentioning illegal downloads in these forums, and review our guidelines for working with copyright protected materials: http://club.myce.com/f34/guidelines-copyright-protected-material-316049/

I should of stated that I’m trying to back up cheap purchased $5 grab bag dvds, vhs recorded onto a recordable dvd and want to compress and consolidate each issue by season and date broadcasted. When I tried to back up some of these videos, I downloaded them and somehow or another messed up the formatting and could not rerecord them in the order I wanted and by season. By owning and backing up, this is legal right?

You are allowed to make backups of dvds that you own, at least for discussion purposes on these forums. But just because you own a dvd of a particular show, does not mean you have the right to download other copies of them from the net.

In particular, Bittorrent protocol means you share the video with others, and help in the distribution of that video. Copyright law gives exclusive right to [B]distribution[/B] of any such video to the copyright holder, not to any person who has bought a copy of it.

I should of been more precise and learned the language. I meant I and my mother purchased cheap movies both on dvd and vhs and have manage to download them. The problems I ran into were different formats and defects in some episodes. I wanted to burn them onto a disk with compression, the correct seasons and the correct broadcast order. Some of these were: the best of, a hodge podge of various episodes, best of so all I wanted to do was make a copy of these movies/tv shows we purchased in the correct order. I wasn’t having a problem (well, not very much) until the audio video sinc started to slip. Cholla’s answer did the trick. Now, I have to go back and reburn all those episodes.

Do I have to destroy the discs that had bad a/v compilation or just throwing them out ok? Obviously, the videos with my family on them are going in the fire.

Again, I’m sorry I wrote what I did and wasn’t very specific about it.

Is it illegal to download a torrent without sharing if I’m trying to repair a bad sector or episode that I had purchased? I am guessing the answer is no. I’ts pretty hard to find old TV shows. Do you know where I can purchase these videos?

Thanks for all your help and pointing out what is legal and not legal. Seems like I learn something new every day.

Mark

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2688343]You are allowed to make backups of dvds that you own, at least for discussion purposes on these forums. But just because you own a dvd of a particular show, does not mean you have the right to download other copies of them from the net.

In particular, Bittorrent protocol means you share the video with others, and help in the distribution of that video. Copyright law gives exclusive right to [B]distribution[/B] of any such video to the copyright holder, not to any person who has bought a copy of it.[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=cholla;2688333]@ sparkymarktoo , On the how I learned about the audio setting in DVDFlick.
I’ve used it to make a DVD of multiple YouTube .flvs & sometimes the sync was off.
Since it was the only audio setting I could find in DVDFlick I just tried it & it worked.

Most of the long time members prefer to use Verbatim with AZO dye or TY discs for DVD .
I don’t have a BD drive & don’t know if I ever will. I’m just jumping over BD if I can & will use HDD for storage & probably eventually SSD.
Most laptop drives are not what you want to use to burn with so if you want to do BD you need an external BD drive that will work with your laptop. Someone else will have to advise you on that because I don’t have one. The same for DVD.
You will not get as good of quality burn with a laptop & its drive will wear out much quicker than a full size drive. They are mostly for reading a disc when you have to .[/QUOTE]

Do you have a low-priced source for Verbatim and what is TY discs? Also, what is AZO dye? I can’t afford luxuries now so my video label is a fine point sharpie…:Z I do have a label print program this is supposed to print DVD labels. Its actually called Label Print. Do you know anything about this?

Mark

[QUOTE=sparkymarktoo;2688344]I should of been more precise and learned the language. I meant I and my mother purchased cheap movies both on dvd and vhs and have manage to download them. The problems I ran into were different formats and defects in some episodes. I wanted to burn them onto a disk with compression, the correct seasons and the correct broadcast order. Some of these were: the best of, a hodge podge of various episodes, best of so all I wanted to do was make a copy of these movies/tv shows we purchased in the correct order. I wasn’t having a problem (well, not very much) until the audio video sinc started to slip. Cholla’s answer did the trick. Now, I have to go back and reburn all those episodes.

Do I have to destroy the discs that had bad a/v compilation or just throwing them out ok? Obviously, the videos with my family on them are going in the fire.

Again, I’m sorry I wrote what I did and wasn’t very specific about it.

Is it illegal to download a torrent without sharing if I’m trying to repair a bad sector or episode that I had purchased? I am guessing the answer is no. I’ts pretty hard to find old TV shows. Do you know where I can purchase these videos?

Thanks for all your help and pointing out what is legal and not legal. Seems like I learn something new every day.

Mark[/QUOTE]

Making backups, and working with dvds and vhs tapes that you have purchased is certainly a subject that can be discussed in our forums. But you cannot take that to mean that it is “legal” in the US. Breaking encryption to rip dvds to the hard drive is specifically prohibited by the DMCA in the US. Making backups for personal use is something we uphold here at MyCE however, as we hold that it falls under “fair use” defense within copyright law.

Torrents of copyright protected material are rarely legal. And very few tv shows have fallen out of protected status, so even for the purpose of repairing or replacing material that you own, torrents cannot be seen as a legal route of distribution.

Amazon.com has a huge selection of older tv shows in dvd format. Not always cheap however.

http://www.publicdomaintorrents.info/ This is a source for legal torrents of old movies, most of which are barely B grade, but there are a few worth having.

A TY disc is our shorthand for saying Taiyo Yuden. You can find Taiyo Yuden for sale at sites like Rima.com, Supermediastore.com and even Amazon. AZO dye is just the type that is used in the good version of Verbatim discs. Look for AZO on the label, or the description of the discs if you are buying online.

[QUOTE=sparkymarktoo;2688344]Do I have to destroy the discs that had bad a/v compilation or just throwing them out ok? Obviously, the videos with my family on them are going in the fire. [/QUOTE]

You can “destroy” them if you like . The easiest way is just to cut them in half with a good heavy duty pair of scissors. That will keep the average dumpster diver from using them.
If the government is after you . :wink: :smiley: Then I don’t know how bad of a disc destruction their forensic team could recover.

Unless they are damaged I wouldn’t destroy any family videos.

I think Kerry awnsered most of the questions.
I just wanted to add I don’t make any disc with a Sharpie or any marker.
I also don’t use the labled discs made to print on or stick on lables.
Buy a case of paper sleeves for CD/DVDs then label the sleeve.
Get the one without a window. If you buy a 1000 they are around 3 cents each.
I was using the thin jewel cases for this but they took up too much space.