DVD Film Labels

vbimport

Hi there eveyone.

My name is Annie and I’m giving all of this a go. I 've heard you can get film labels to put on your films, does anyone know where I can get these from please.

Thank you in advance
Annie

Here you go
http://www.cdcovers.cc/

Welcome to the forum, Annie :slight_smile:

Actually, you should avoid using paper labels on your CD or DVD discs. They unbalance them and can make them unreadable. See this thread by Francksoy on the ‘Blank Media’ forum here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=173236

White-top printable discs may be better, but you might have to change your printer in order to get the picture onto them.

OH NOOOOOOOOOO… hi Anne… dont make the mistake I made… I burned a lot of dvd,s… checked that they played ok… and they did, then I thought id add a finishing touch to them and stomped labels on them… most of them wouldn’t play… OUCH… just depends on your player… but I wouldn’t, unless I bought printable discs, and a new printer!!!..

Caz

Quite a few years ago I had trouble with DVDs using paper labels… and someone told me it had to do with the “heat” generated by the laser. I checked the DVD after removing it from the machine and could actually see how it was warped. I was using an older, “first-generation” DVD player then… and haven’t tried it with a newer machine (I think they generate less heat). But after switching to film labels I’ve had no problems.

[QUOTE=gwebb1417;2576623]Quite a few years ago I had trouble with DVDs using paper labels… and someone told me it had to do with the “heat” generated by the laser. I checked the DVD after removing it from the machine and could actually see how it was warped. I was using an older, “first-generation” DVD player then… and haven’t tried it with a newer machine (I think they generate less heat). But after switching to film labels I’ve had no problems.[/QUOTE]

You did check the posted date did you not? It is way old and dated from 2006. I think they have made quite a few changes since that time…

For a brief time in 2005 I printed labels for DVDs–a big mistake.

Since that time I’ve used Sharpie Fine Point pens to label all my DVDs. If I make a mistake it’s easy to use rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth to remove the mistake.

[QUOTE=VoxHumana;2576674]

Since that time I’ve used Sharpie Fine Point pens to label all my DVDs. If I make a mistake it’s easy to use rubbing alcohol on a soft cloth to remove the mistake.[/QUOTE]

That is what I did as being cheap and easy. Just take your time in writing the titles and labels and you will be fine. If you make a mistake the good old rubbing alcohol will remove the sharpie and you just start over again.