Dvd file wont work on dvd player

HI first post :slight_smile:
I have been having trouble burning this movie. I have backedup some of my movies before and played them on my dvd player but when i do it with this one my dvd player wont read it. I have not changed the settings at all here is a pic of the file i dont know if its one of the files that doesn’t let me see it on the dvd player.

thanks

What movie? What burning prog?

Movie: Amores Perros
Program: nero

Will the files play correctly on the computer in VLC?

Yea when i burn the files to dvd i can play them on the computer but not on the dvd player

1. Did you finalise (close) the disc on the PC before trying it in the DVD player?

2. Is there an ‘AUDIO_TS’ folder on the disc? Some DVD players are picky about this, and need one present even though it will be empty.

[quote=imkidd57;1933934]1. Did you finalise (close) the disc on the PC before trying it in the DVD player?

1. Is there an ‘AUDIO_TS’ folder on the disc? Some DVD players are picky about this, and need one present even though it will be empty.[/quote]

2. umm i am not sure how would i know that ?

3. yea there is an audio and a video one

Check with CD-DVD Speed. Download and run (doesn’t need installing).

Put the disc in the drive and look in the ‘Disc Info’ tab, under ‘Extended Information’ -> ‘Disc Status’. It should say either ‘Closed’ or ‘Open’

It says close

Anyone?:confused:

Post a shot of that here.

shot of…:confused:

I think chef was referring to a screen shot of disk info tab and extended info from CD/DVD Speed.

Don’t know what is going on with this dvd for you. Maybe a slightly picky player? In any case, try running the dvd files through FixVTS. If there is something wrong with the structure of the dvd, this might help. Then burn to a disk and try playing it again.

I would run FixVTS so you get a new copy, not “in place” where it overwrites the current files you have on the disk.

http://www.videohelp.com/tools/FixVTS

There is probably a copy protection scheme in the disk which is what’s causing it not to play. Download the free trial of DVDfab and try using it to copy and burn your backup copy. It’s the best at circumventing copy protection.

tried dvdfab and FixVTS and no luck… when i put it on my dvd player at first it says dvd and then it says that the files aren’t playable but when i put another movie it works fine :a:a

Hey Rol87, have you tried a diff proggie to burn it?
There is this method to fix a dvd structure,but be warned ,it takes time and at times confusing,but it works…
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=60724&highlight=IfoEdit
nevermind the title of thread just read and try it, scroll down and start where you rename the VOB’s…good luck!..