DVD - Fastest Ripper

Hi all, this is my first post - great forum…

I have a personal DVD collection of 500 discs which I’m looking to rip lossless in as short a time as possible before I go overseas on assignment…

After spending the last couple of days researching which DVD Drive to buy I’m still uncertain…

Initially I purchased an external Samsung 506BB but this was terribly slow (40 mins to do Men In Black) & this is when I found out about Riplocking - what a pain in the @ss :a

I then bought the Liteon IHBS 112 as I saw a review which said it wasn’t riplocked - well I received version 2 which is and MCSE couldn’t edit the firmware :sad:

So anyone know of a new drive which isn’t riplocked or MCSE can fix. I’ve looked at the list on the MCSE site under the riploc section but can’t find any of the ones listed for sale :sad:

Really appreciate your help…

hi what software are you using to do the ripping, as i have a pioneer bdr-208D that rips full dvd-9 isos in dvd fab in sub 15 mins

EDIT: added a dvd rip from my bdr-208

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the quick response…

I’m using DVDfab too - what’s the max speed (Mbs) do you see on your pioneer?

nearly hit 15.5

Just to let everyone know I purchased the pioneer 208 & it’s substantially quicker ripping my DVDs than my liteon iHBS 115-2. Using DVDfab copy it maxed out at just over 13MBs where the most I saw from the liteon was 7 MBs…

I can now rip a 7GB movie in circa 12 minutes where it was taking almost 20 mins with the liteon - thanks for the advice, great forum…

Glad its quicker for you :slight_smile: !

[QUOTE=Oujew;2695822]Just to let everyone know I purchased the pioneer 208 & it’s substantially quicker ripping my DVDs than my liteon iHBS 115-2. Using DVDfab copy it maxed out at just over 13MBs where the most I saw from the liteon was 7 MBs…

I can now rip a 7GB movie in circa 12 minutes where it was taking almost 20 mins with the liteon - thanks for the advice, great forum…[/QUOTE]

Glad to hear you’re sorted Oujew and welcome to the forums. :flower:

[B]Wombler[/B]

It shouldnt be a surprise that an external SLIMtype drive is a slow ripper…