Dvd fab5 "attempt count" error

For the last several times I have made a copy I get an error
"failed to set data for ‘attempt count’ "
This happens after it completes 100% burn process. It makes it impossible to make more than one copy of a disc because you have to cancel the process to go any further. The Disc is fully functional, it is only a pain to have to recopy a disc that you have already completed.

Thanks for any help.

[quote=dietdewdrinker;2226072]For the last several times I have made a copy I get an error
This happens after it completes 100% burn process. It makes it impossible to make more than one copy of a disc because you have to cancel the process to go any further. The Disc is fully functional, it is only a pain to have to recopy a disc that you have already completed.

Thanks for any help.[/quote]
Have never seen this issue come up before :eek: how many copies of a DVD are you making :confused:

Never heard of this error previously.
In any event, here’s an idea…not a fix, but a work-around until it’s resolved.

Untick [B]Delete temporary files when done[/B]
then simply use [B]Write Data Mode[/B].
This will burn directly to your blank media without re-ripping the original disc again.
Just choose the file on your hdd as [B] Source[/B]

[quote=maineman;2226076]Untick [B]Delete temporary files when done[/B]
then simply use [B]Write Data Mode[/B].
This will burn directly to your blank media without re-ripping the original disc again.
Just choose the file on your hdd as [B]Source[/B][/quote]
Yup that will work so will selecting Full Disc mode :bigsmile:

[quote=dietdewdrinker;2226072]For the last several times I have made a copy I get an error

Thanks for any help.[/quote]
What are you using for the burn engine? download ImgBurn and use that instead of what you are using if you not using it already. Here is a YouTube video tutorial on how to set up Imgburn to work with dvdfab courtesy of troy http://www.youtube.com/user/dvdfabtroy?gl=CA&hl=en

Thanks for the advice. The work around will be fine.

I don’t usually need more than 1 copy of a disc but sometimes I will need 2 or so.

It is just frustraiting to get an error at the end of the process.