DVD Fab5 and Clone DVD Mobile

vbimport

Hello,
first of all i prefer this software, but i have sometimes a problem, when i use Clone DVD Mobile to make a file for the IPod.
Sometimes the Clone DVD Mobile crashes and the support say to me after i send a log file, that DVD Fab 5 cannot handle the DVD Image very good which means that DVD Fab 5 is not able to handle the encryption of the copy protected dvds in some cases, depending on the used copy protection.
In this case the error is reproducable.
Therefore the question. Can it be that the DVD structure of the result of DVD Fab 5 is so, that ONLY DVD FAB 5 can handle the result and other software might have problems.

This is not an answer/fix per say ,but why not just keep using what works? If FAB works why use Clone DVD?..I know it’s nice to try all the tool/proggys available , and maybe CDVD is a good proggy,but why change if the one works?..
I start using other tools when my current working methods no longer do…But to each their own!..
Anyway I don’t use FAB for it’s Ipod feature as all my viewing is on a 61" DLP…Perhaps someone else can answer your questions/concerns…
This is JMHO…
Good luck! :slight_smile:

I don’t understand the question or the problem. Is it with DVDFab of the other program? As t0nee noted, if you have DVDFab Platinum you can do all the iPod conversions. No sheepware required. Just monkeyware.

[QUOTE=signals;2080564]I don’t understand the question or the problem. Is it with DVDFab of the other program? As t0nee noted, if you have DVDFab Platinum you can do all the iPod conversions. [/QUOTE]
:iagree:

[QUOTE=signals;2080564] No sheepware required. Just monkeyware.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha, good one signals.

[QUOTE=signals;2080564]I don’t understand the question or the problem. Is it with DVDFab of the other program? As t0nee noted, if you have DVDFab Platinum you can do all the iPod conversions. No sheepware required. Just monkeyware.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the Friday funnies…:bigsmile:

In version 5.0.8.5. the conversion settings for DVD to iPod are incorrect… I had the same problem. I changed the conversion settings manually and it worked fine. When I contacted DVD Fab, I was told to download and install version 5.0.8.8 from this site to correct the problem.

But after reading all the problems others are having, I won’t be doing that. I will just change the settings manually and won’t download more problems with the suggested newer version…

Mr. Chips

Can’t argue with that. I have reverted to an earlier version for Mobile conversions. The authors are working on it and should have a fix soon. Which setting did you change to make it work? Was it the encoding framerate?