DVD Fab

Have been using DVD Fab for a year or so. Love it. Had full product and upgraded to 5232 or the latest one. I could not back up any dvds. Always got the code error 400 (). Read forum and tried the advice of deleting program and trying lower version like 5122 in which I don’t recall having any problems. Did a clean uninstall as suggested by StormJumper. How do I find a 5122 version of DVDFab? :rolleyes:

You can’t from any site authorized by Fengtao…he does not provide older versions because of piracy issues.

Anyway, pm me with your email address and I’ll be glad to sent it out to you.

Also recommend that you change burn engines from VSO to Img.
I’m guessing your’re using VSO…the default burn engine for Fab.
It’s caused problems for many users since last Fall.
Most users have had resolution to their problems with the switch

Hey Maineman,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Email is Still somewhat a novice at this so I don’t quite understand about the burn engines. Could you explain further? :slight_smile:

Abrewer you should edit your post and remove your email address before the spammers get it. Just private message maineman your addy by clicking on his name and sending him a PM.

Don’t think the member will be back online in time but it will be deleted :wink:

Thanks Just Over Broke for the advice. Appreciate it.

That’s what we are here for to help each other. You’re welcome.

[B]ABREWER[/B]

You have mail :wink:

[QUOTE=ABREWER;2204834]Hey Maineman,

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. Email is Still somewhat a novice at this so I don’t quite understand about the burn engines. Could you explain further? :)[/QUOTE]
Hi again,
My apologies…my ISP went down and I’m just able to get back online now.
I did manage to grab your email, but wasn’t able to post and warn you.
Thankfully, JustOverBroke came through for you.

Anyway, I just sent v.5.1.2.2 to you.
Let me know that you got it ok…some servers will block .exe attachments.
Easy enough to get around this, just let me know.

Re: burn engines…
VSO (default burn engine for Fab) has been problematic for some time.
It has caused a great many users issues since last Summer-Fall.
Most users have resolved their problems by changing to Img.

Img is an outstanding burn engine, developed and supported by LUK!..the developer of dvddecrypter.
It is a much more configurable and consistent burn engine as opposed to VSO.
Hopefully, switching to Img will enable you to keep updated as Fengtao releases new versions

Forgive the copy & paste from an earlier post…I need to hit the hay…zzzz
Hope this helps,

[QUOTE=maineman;2204124]
Recommend that you switch to Img.
After downloading and installing it, you will have the option
to select Img as Fab’s burn engine in [B]Common Settiings > Write[/B].
This will enable use of Img from within Fab.

Download from:

http://www.imgburn.com/

Please make the following change as this will enable a seamless process for SL burns.
For DLs, you’ll still have to select the layer break position.
Here’s the change:

[B]tools > settings > build > don’t prompt image details[/B]

Also, if you could post a couple of burn logs, this will help us sort out your problem(s).

The default location is:
[B]C:\Documents and Settings[I]Administrator Name[/I]\My Documents\DVDFab\Log[/B][/QUOTE]

[quote=ABREWER;2204823]
Have been using DVD Fab for a year or so. Love it. Had full product and upgraded to 5232 or the latest one. I could not back up any dvds. Always got the code error 400 (). Read forum and tried the advice of deleting program and trying lower version like 5122 in which I don’t recall having any problems. Did a clean uninstall as suggested by StormJumper. How do I find a 5122 version of DVDFab? :rolleyes:[/quote]
Does your system default language is english? if not then read the thread “error 400” and in the permalink #31 i hope you find the solution to your problem.
waiting for your answer,ant