DVD Fab won't recognise new registration key

vbimport

I have just upgraded to v5 and had no problem getting a new registration key emailed - however the program won’t accept the key. It just restarts and will not accept the new key that was sent - any advice?

Are you sure that you pulled down Version 5 on the web paged when requesting coz there is Ver 4 & Ver 5 options.

[QUOTE=GregiBoy;2085801]Are you sure that you pulled down Version 5 on the web paged when requesting coz there is Ver 4 & Ver 5 options.[/QUOTE]

Yep! It was set for v5.

how are you applying the key?

i suggest double click file you were emailed.

I have tried entering it on the initial splash page, and after that doesn’t work choosing the trial and entering the reg- code in the program. The same thing happens every time. I have e-mailed support, so hopefully they can help with this. I haven’t tried to double click on the attached key, but I will. Although it’s weird that the program wouldn’t accept the key in the first way discussed in the registration email and then work in this alternate way.

did you exclude the * symbols

when ever I register with my key I never have dvdfab running. I just click the key and it says it will restart dvdfab. then you should restart your computer just to be safe too

also use this link instead of email
http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm

me too GJ

[QUOTE=troy512;2085817]did you exclude the * symbols[/QUOTE]

No, as the email says, “Paste your registration key below EXACTLY excluding the asterisk signs”

[QUOTE=GJ;2085818]when ever I register with my key I never have dvdfab running. I just click the key and it says it will restart dvdfab. then you should restart your computer just to be safe too[/QUOTE]

I re-started my computer after installing the reg-code. I will try to use the reg-key and install that into the registry - but I am a little perplexed why the first method explicitly described cutting and pasting the reg-code from the email. If that doesn’t work, why tell people to try it in the first place?

[QUOTE=troy512;2085819]also use this link instead of email
http://www.dvdfab.com/contact.htm

me too GJ[/QUOTE]

That’s what I used…:iagree:

[QUOTE=dazza101;2085820]No, as the email says, “Paste your registration key below EXACTLY excluding the asterisk signs”[/QUOTE]

Leave the asterisk’s off if you copy and paste or DOUBLE CLICK the registration key that came as an attachment, either way if done right will work.

[QUOTE=~Jethro~;2085827]Leave the asterisk’s off if you copy and paste or DOUBLE CLICK the registration key that came as an attachment, either way if done right will work.[/QUOTE]

I’m an idiot, apologies…:o

No problem, did it work, I am guessing yes. We all have been there dazza101

did you get it to work? If you did what you do? this way when someone with same problem reads this thread they will know how you got it to work

As it says in the email EXCLUDE the asterisk signs - if you do that, surprisingly enough it works. Maybe feeling grumpy because its too hot and you haven’t had enough sleep can lead to problems if you’re not quite with it…

LOL, glad you got it working, as I said we have all been there.

sure enough. Well glad you got it up and running

Thanks all - I’ll just slink away into the shadows for a while…

Well glad you got it up and running
:slight_smile: