Dvd Fab won't open

vbimport

I just got a new computer with Vista, I re-installed DvdFab Platinum, and when I tried to open it, I got an error message that DvdFab has stopped working and windows will try to locate the program that is stopping it fom opening, anyone have any ideas asto what is causing this and how to fix it?

OK lets start with you doing a clean uninstal here is the link http://club.cdfreaks.com/2065659-post1.html . Follow stormjumpers directions exactly as he says. Then you redownload to your computer and also make sure your reg key is saved in a safe place. The best way I found for installing dvdfab for the first time on a VISTA computer is to disconnect from internet. Then turn off the antivirus and firewall along with all other protection. In VISTA you need to turn off the UAC controls which is found in user accounts. Also you need to disable windows defender which is located in control panel, system and maintanance, administrative tools, services, windows defender. When found you stop it and then change the automatic in start up type to disable. Then you restart computer and install dvdfab. After dvdfab is installed you turn everything back on that you turned off.

that sound like overkill - I had no trouble installing to a new vista O/S a few days ago with just UAC off & deselect auto-updates in the install dialog. no need to kill windows defender or internet connection.

( Unless the letest version is harder to install - I was using 5.0.20. )

[quote=cybmole;2138912]that sound like overkill - I had no trouble installing to a new vista O/S a few days ago with just UAC off & deselect auto-updates in the install dialog. no need to kill windows defender or internet connection.

( Unless the letest version is harder to install - I was using 5.0.20. )[/quote]
YES it is overkill but I just do it if dvdfab has problems after install. Which is usually never but when I install updates I do nothing but install them. I have found if you are having problems with install that doing the extra I said usually fixes the problem with any program install on VISTA home premium

Hi Dirkinit,

I have Windows Vista Premium Home Ed. and have to run DVDFab using the [I]Run As Administrator [/I]option or I get the same message you mention. Just a thought.

[QUOTE=oboist;2139255]Hi Dirkinit,

I have Windows Vista Premium Home Ed. and have to run DVDFab using the [I]Run As Administrator [/I]option or I get the same message you mention. Just a thought.[/QUOTE]

How do you run this option, I havent seen it?

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2139275]How do you run this option, I havent seen it?[/QUOTE]Right mouse click and you will see it.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2139275]How do you run this option, I havent seen it?[/QUOTE]

Sorry … I neglected to give that bit of info. And thanks to Bob for adding it. This works for me and I hope it will work for you.

[QUOTE=cybmole;2138912]that sound like overkill - I had no trouble installing to a new vista O/S a few days ago with just UAC off & deselect auto-updates in the install dialog. no need to kill windows defender or internet connection.

( Unless the letest version is harder to install - I was using 5.0.20. )[/QUOTE] How do you turn these two programs off, I just tried to download it and now it closes when it comes to the run DVDFab, in other words when I downloaded it the first time I got as far as getting an icon on the desktop, now I can’t even get that, also I uninstalled DVD fab, before getting this info so a complete uninstall was not done. T.I.A.

Lo and behold, I never thought of checking program files for the new download, as it was indicated that the download did’nt finish and there was no desktop icon, there it was, I opened the program and right clicked, (Thanks Bob), opened it as administrator, and bingo, now I just have to remember to do it every time I use Fab.Thanks everybody for your help, I don’t know how many times these boards have helped me with thing’s I woud not have thought of in a million years.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2139302]Lo and behold, I never thought of checking program files for the new download, as it was indicated that the download did’nt finish and there was no desktop icon, there it was, I opened the program and right clicked, (Thanks Bob), opened it as administrator, and bingo, now I just have to remember to do it every time I use Fab.Thanks everybody for your help, I don’t know how many times these boards have helped me with thing’s I woud not have thought of in a million years.[/QUOTE]
I thought I had it fixed, opens as administrator, reads the disk, but all the burns are all, “burn failed”, another wierd thing is Imgburn keeps telling me the disk is too small, and that there is like 5Gig on the movie I am trying to burn, when I check it in disk C it say 2.6 Gig, never had these problems with XP. Again, help.

[QUOTE=durkinjt;2139757]I thought I had it fixed, opens as administrator, reads the disk, but all the burns are all, “burn failed”, another wierd thing is Imgburn keeps telling me the disk is too small, and that there is like 5Gig on the movie I am trying to burn, when I check it in disk C it say 2.6 Gig, never had these problems with XP. Again, help.[/QUOTE] Please disregard, like an idiot I inadvertantly put a cd instead of a dvd, Sorry, again thanks for all the help.

lol take your time durkinjt. Thanks for reporting what it was though.