DVD Fab UI glitch since version 6 (screenie attached)

I noticed this first after upgrading from version 5 to 6. It has not been fixed in any subsequent releases. It doesn’t hinder the functionality of the software, but its strange and annoying. The version that sits beside the program icon in the top left of the interface is not in the proper place; its a half inch below the title bar. Anyone else see this on theirs?

[QUOTE=buzzin1999;2416651]I noticed this first after upgrading from version 5 to 6. It has not been fixed in any subsequent releases. It doesn’t hinder the functionality of the software, but its strange and annoying. The version that sits beside the program icon in the top left of the interface is not in the proper place; its a half inch below the title bar. Anyone else see this on theirs?[/QUOTE]

This issue was reported a while back and was fixed, I myself have never had this problem.

yeah very familiar
http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/minor-display-bug-272314/#post2262362

Thanks. Although there is a workaround, they never fixed the problem.

ive tried to reproduce this problem using dvdfab 6040, using the same system i had back in april when the problem was introduced with 5250.

i can not reproduce the problem. sorry seems like its been fixed for me at least.

[QUOTE=troy512;2417254]ive tried to reproduce this problem using dvdfab 6040, using the same system i had back in april when the problem was introduced with 5250.

i can not reproduce the problem. sorry seems like its been fixed for me at least.[/QUOTE]

Just got mine to reproduce. Try unlocking your taskbar and moving it to the top of your screen.

When my taskbar is on the bottom DVDFab looks fine. I move it to the top and it goes to hell (I like my taskbar on top, with Rocketdock on bottom).

Just tried the taskbar on top with WinXP, and it doesn’t produce the glitch, just Vista.

[QUOTE=Hoodsey;2418941]Just tried the taskbar on top with WinXP, and it doesn’t produce the glitch, just Vista.[/QUOTE]

I see no difference in the function of the taskbar if it is on the top or the bottom, so why have it on top if it causes a glitch in the display of a program :confused:

System customization Storm. I use a Mac primarily, but use ‘Frankenstein’ in my living room to backup movies. I have DVD backup programs on my Mac, but the ripping speed leaves more to be desired. So I set Windows up to have the taskbar on top, with RocketDock on the bottom to somewhat emulate the Mac interface. Since ‘Frankenstein’ isn’t the speediest machine around, I keep things simple, so I use Vistas default interface instead of skinning.

Frankenstein is an old Socket 754 motherboard, with a Sempron 2600+ CPU (1.61Ghz single core), 2GB DDR RAM, 40GB IDE HDD, 24x SATA DVD-/+RW drive, Antec Three Hundred Case.

And of course, I could use Windows XP, but… it runs Vista just fine.

[QUOTE=Hoodsey;2419336]System customization Storm. I use a Mac primarily, but use ‘Frankenstein’ in my living room to backup movies. I have DVD backup programs on my Mac, but the ripping speed leaves more to be desired. So I set Windows up to have the taskbar on top, with RocketDock on the bottom to somewhat emulate the Mac interface. Since ‘Frankenstein’ isn’t the speediest machine around, I keep things simple, so I use Vistas default interface instead of skinning.

Frankenstein is an old Socket 754 motherboard, with a Sempron 2600+ CPU (1.61Ghz single core), 2GB DDR RAM, 40GB IDE HDD, 24x SATA DVD-/+RW drive, Antec Three Hundred Case.

And of course, I could use Windows XP, but… it runs Vista just fine.[/QUOTE]

OK was just curious, I myself am a Skinner :bigsmile: have made a few with customized themes :cool:

See, all about customization friend. I haven’t messed with themes for fear of… system resources. LOL

I take back what I said about XP showing it fine… I upgraded ‘Frank’ and the glitch is still there. I even tried the latest beta and it still shows.

So I don’t know if Fengtao sees this, but why even have version and date on the titlebar? I would program it into the About screen like every other program and just be done with it. Problem solved… JUST A SUGGESTION…

Some people like having the task bar at the top and get used to working with it there. I’ve done it on all my systems for years. I dont’ know why, it just seems to flow better than having it at the bottom. Anyway, ‘annoyance’ still around in 6.0.7.0.

the new beta’s gui has been unstable since ver6 was released, last stable one was beta 5322. notice the preview window after you close it. ver5 wouldn’t even close between selecting titles to preview. this new beta closes the preview each time you make a selection and you have to manually reopen it.