DVD FAB Task 2 won't work

I had the free version of DVD FAB and it did this a couple of times, later I bought the gold version and this is the first disk that I have tried to burn. It will copy the dvd into a temp folder, but when I put my blank dvd-R in to write on, DVD FAB goes through the motions of writing, but it shows no task time left, and no percentage. Only time elasped. I have tried two different dvd-R disks, with the same result. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Why won’t DVD FAB write?

[QUOTE=dragonstones125;2113854]I had the free version of DVD FAB and it did this a couple of times, later I bought the gold version and this is the first disk that I have tried to burn. It will copy the dvd into a temp folder, but when I put my blank dvd-R in to write on, DVD FAB goes through the motions of writing, but it shows no task time left, and no percentage. Only time elasped. I have tried two different dvd-R disks, with the same result. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Why won’t DVD FAB write?[/QUOTE]

Hi there dragonstones
Welcome to CD Freaks and the DVDFab sub-forum :smiley:
DVDFab Gold where did you download from, dvdfab.net or dvdfab.com ?..hope it was dvdfab.com

BTW…the reason that DVDFab free did it is because it only rips and does not do the burn process

I downloaded DVDFAB Gold from the dvdfab.com website. And the free version that I had let me rip and burn onto blank disks. So why would the full version no allow that?

[QUOTE=dragonstones125;2114074]I downloaded DVDFAB Gold from the dvdfab.com website. And the free version that I had let me rip and burn onto blank disks. So why would the full version no allow that?[/QUOTE]
No, not quite.
The free-30 day-trial of Platinum or Gold will provide full features x 30 days. There’s no difference between the trial applications and the full retail apps…only that the trials will expire after 30 days. Both Platinum and Gold will burn.
The freeware version…DVDFab HD Decrypter will [B]not[/B] burn…period.
It is a ripper only.

Please verify exactly what application and version you are using.

Ok, sorry. I had the thirty day free trial then. and I am using currently the dvdfab gold version that i bought.

[QUOTE=dragonstones125;2113854]I had the free version of DVD FAB and it did this a couple of times, later I bought the gold version and this is the first disk that I have tried to burn. It will copy the dvd into a temp folder, but when I put my blank dvd-R in to write on, DVD FAB goes through the motions of writing, but it shows no task time left, and no percentage. Only time elasped. I have tried two different dvd-R disks, with the same result. Can anyone tell me how to fix this problem? Why won’t DVD FAB write?[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=dragonstones125;2114084]Ok, sorry. I had the thirty day free trial then. and I am using currently the dvdfab gold version that i bought.[/QUOTE]

No problem.
From your original statement , it sounds as though you’ve never burned a disc with Gold, is this correct?
You have the [B]Source [/B]populated correctly since you have ripped to your temp directory successfully.
How about your [B]Target[/B] location?
Does this display your burner with the blank media?

Could you post a screenshot of Fab as it is trying to burn?
This should help us figure this out…or at least narrow it down.

Thanks.

I don’t know how to get a picture of it as it’s trying to burn. I’m not that computer literate. sorry. I did see that the target is correct and is my dvd drive with the blank disk.

Not to worry about how computer literate…
All we ask is that folks put forth an effort when asking for help
We all started in the same place…as newbies.
Troubleshooting can be a bit convoluted since you’re there and we’re not, but for starters…
Have you had success burning dvds with this burner with any software?
I don’t mean to be insulting, but are you certain you have a dvd burner and not just a cd burner/dvd-rom?

If you could post the make, model and firmware of your burner and the media ID (MID) of your blank media, it’ll help us get started.
From what you said, your burn log has no useful data, so the log won’t give us this info.

An easy way to do this is to download and install nero cd-dvd speed utility.
It’s free and perfectly safe.
There’s a link below in my sig.

Once installed, put a blank dvd in your burner and open the utililty.
Click on the disc info tab.
See my attachment below.

In the FAQ section here on cdf, there is a guide on how to paste an attachment. If you have trouble with this, no big deal, just post the info that I outlined in red. Please include the 4 digits following the burner make and model. This is your burner’s firmware…above on my Liteon, this is 9L08

I have been able to burn dvds and cds with my burner, here is the information that was circled in red. (Thanks for your help…)

[1:0] _NEC DVD_RW ND-2510A 2.OT ((This is also what appears in

my target box on DVDFAB))

MID…RITEKF1

I don’t believe that MID is in the firmware for that old drive so the drive has no idea how to burn it. You need to try to find say Verbatim brand and try them at 8x even though they say 16x on the cake box. Unless you can find Verbatim 8x of course. Tayio Yuden 8x would be even better if you can find/buy them.

What CD-R’s MIDs have you tried?

The NEC 2510A is 4 years old now. Great drives though. I had one but sold it to a neighbor close to 4 years ago when i bought my NEC 3500.

As Bob has pointed out so nicely…Dump the ritek :Z

So that’s the reason task 2 will not work properly? My driver? Is my only option to buy a new driver? There is nothing else I can do? Why did it work before and then all of a sudden stop working if the driver was the problem?

You say that this drive has burned those discs before?

dunno…maybe the drive has died? Can you try it in another pc? That would be the best way to tell.

Could be the lens inside is dirty.

Hi again dragonstones125,

You can run some tests with cd/dvd speed, but you’d have to post the graphs and such…I don’t want to drive you nuts.

Anyway, here’s another idea that shouldn’t be too bad. It’ll help isolate the problem and maybe resolve it.
If you don’t have Img, please download and install it. It’s the best (or at least one of the best burn engines available…bar none), it’s free and very well supported. Here you go:

http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download

Once you have it installed, there are a couple ways to use it to test out ehat’s going on.
You can use it independently, open it, click [B]build mode[/B]…navigate to the dvd folder on your hdd that you ripped with Fab, put a blank disc in your burner and click on start (the disc icon).

You can also utilize Img within Fab…just select it as the burn engine…[B]Common Settings > Write > ImgBurn [/B]

Also, make the following changes…
[B]tools > settings > build/ > dont prompt image details[/B]

There are lots of guides on the Img website…:wink: and help here as well if you get stuck.

Hope this helps…best of luck