DVD Fab read/write speeds question

vbimport

I have DVD Fab Plat. 3.0.9.8. I have 2 PC’s with 4 DVD+RW burners. When I make backup copies I try to use the fastest read/write speeds possible using DVDFab for the whole process.

Using TY’s 16x DVD+RW on the average I end up on the read and write status bars with approx 13x read and 9x write speeds. On DVD 9 I would only use Verbatim DVD+R DL 8x.

I have never gotten any errors on any of my burners and the quality of my playbacks on my DVD player look good to me.

My question: Does using fast read/write speeds affect the quality of the DVD when viewing on a DVD player?

Thank you 
                  Andrew (a newbie)

Hi Andrew and welcome to cdfreaks.
Well, in a word yes, but not necessarily…and I’m not trying to be a smart a$$.
The two most frequent causes of burn errors are poor quality media (or poor compatibility) and inappropriate burn speeds…usually too fast, but not always. Bottom line, if it aint broke, then don’t fix it. Given the right hardware, media and burn strategy, you could certainly burn at 16X. My own speeds for SL media usually run 6X-12X depending. However, 8X for DL media sounds a tad risky to say the least and I think this would predispose errors, but faster rated DLs are certainly on their way.

Thank you Maineman for your responce and like you said “If it ain’t broke don’t fix it”, I go along with that.

Thanks again
                         Andrew

Anytime, glad we could help… :cool:

BTW I just reread my initial post and I have to make a correction, I meant TY’s 16x DVD+R not 16x DVD+RW.

Sorry bout dat
                   Andrew

No problem. We were reading your mind.:eek:

Now, if we could only read our own… :rolleyes: :bigsmile: