Dvd fab question

Certain ISO files will burn when selected by DVDfab…others will not. They will load partially and fail. Why is that? is there anything I can do to make it read these iso files?

If you are just burning an ISO file use Imgburn no need for DVDFab

Otherwise need more info from you as to what you are trying to do.

thank you so much for you response!
here’s the whole deal and i’m gonna try to give you the cliff’s notes…

i used to use Roxio to burn ISO files. Then My dvd drive stopped recognizing software program discs and movie dvd’s…so i could no longer upload new programs to my pc or play movies. i did some research and it was suggested i remove upper and lower filters…

immedicately after that, i got messages stating “drives not detected” in Roxio. i tried sonic Record now! which came with the computer and it’s saying the same thing now. so i used dvdfab’s burning option and that worked fine. i uploaded the beta version of dvdfab 6.2.2.0 and the no iso’s would load when i selected one to burn to dvd. i then erased it and reloaded a previous version of the program and now dvdfab recognizes some iso’s but not all.

For the ones that don’t, i will have opened dvdfab (DVD to DVD/ full disc)…and select an ISO from my drive, it will begin to load into the “source” window at the top of the screen, but then automatically states “please insert DVD disc or Choose DVD folder/image file.”

i don’t see why it wouldn’t read all of them considering i used the same software (dvdfab) to create all of them…this is a brand new problem for this program for me. and i cant check using other software since none of the ones i have work anymore except DVDfab, and that is hit and miss now too.

[U][B]i then erased it[/B][/U] and reloaded a previous version of the program and now dvdfab recognizes some iso’s but not all.

Why did you erase ?

Some ISO’s : A bad file perhaps, maybe thats why it is only reading some good files.

Try loading Imgburn and see if it reads the iso file.

i erased the program because the whiteout disc wasn’t being recognized, plus none of the iso’s were burning, so there was no upside to keeping it loaded. When i replaced it with an older version, at least most of the iso’s i already have were burnable.

i downloaded imgburn and i’ll keep you posted.

i erased the program because the whiteout disc wasn’t being recognized

DVDFab free is running 30 to 60 days behind the paid version for decrypting new movies.

plus none of the iso’s were burning

Again if you have an ISO file all you need is Imgburn ( which is free ) to burn disc with.
No need for DVDFab.

under destination in IMGburn, it states no device detected as well…

But the imgburn log says:

I 16:35:06 Searching for SCSI / ATAPI devices…
E 16:35:08 CreateFile Failed! - Device: ‘\.\CdRom0’ (D:)
E 16:35:08 Reason: The maximum number of secrets that may be stored in a single system has been exceeded.
W 16:35:08 Errors were encountered when trying to access a drive.
W 16:35:08 This drive will not be visible in the program.
E 16:35:08 You’ve got a virus/rootkit (or similar) blocking access to the drives via SPTI.
E 16:35:08 Try using one or more of the following freeware tools to remove it from your system:
E 16:35:08 1. GMER - http://www.gmer.net/
E 16:35:08 2. RootRepeal - http://rootrepeal.googlepages.com/
E 16:35:08 3. avast! Antivirus Home Edition - http://www.avast.com/
E 16:35:08 4. Malwarebytes’ Anti-Malware - http://www.malwarebytes.org/
E 16:35:08 Removal instructions can be found here: http://forum.imgburn.com/index

uploading that program might’ve been a really good idea…if that information in the log can help someone help me figure out this issue. thanks to all for their help. this is very frustrating…

I paid for dvdfab, i havent run the free version since october or so…

Looks like your system needs a good cleaning,malwarebytes is a good program that i use,I also use the free version of avast if that helps you any.

ok bean55…thanks for steering me to imgburn…the imgburn log pointed out that i had a virus. and also suggested www.gmer.net. the virus i had would not allow malwarebytes to run, but couldn’t detect gmer since it is randomly named (what they stated on gmer.net) i ran that…disabled the virus and tried running imgburn…worked perfectly!
problem solved. with the rootkit virus disabled, i then ran malwarebytes (still scanning) and i’ll remove them all shortly.

Glad to hear you are getting it cleaned up.

The problem is when I get infected like that the only way to make sure all is cleaned is to wipe the hard drive completely and re install my OS.

Just something I do, if you don’t have everything you need to do that then make sure you do regular updates and scans.

Good Luck

I RESCANNED AND I HAD LIKE 48 VIRUSES. ZERO NOW AFTER TWO SCANS…IMGBURN IS GREAT AND EASY TO USE. I HAVE NO CLUE WHERE MY BOOT DISK IS ANYMORE FOR WINDOWS XP…BUT THIS EVENT PROVED I DO NEED A GOOD FIREWALL OR ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE PROTECTOR…ANY YOU WOULD RECOMMEND OVER OTHERS?

Not really

I use Avira Free ,AVG Free, Avast Free for virus software on different machines and see no real difference.

I have Malwarebytes on all my machines, and I run scans on a regular bases.

Huey2k9 what virus/firewall protection are you using now? That would be helpful for others to know as it sounds like the ones you are using really suck. The suggestions from bean55 are good to try and for a firewall you can try zonealarm free as well