DVD [Fab] problems for an idiot!

vbimport

I am a tech idiot…please help!

Have DVDFab…trying to download a movie to an external dvd drive and/or a flash drive to use on an ASUS…

Finally got it to download but have these problems:

1. Sometimes the screen is little boxes rather than the picture…how do I make them go away?
  2. Can I get rid of subtitles?
  3. Sometimes the video seems to slowly jerk then play at a normal speed…how can I stop that?

Any EASY help would be greatly appreciated! I’m ready to punch the computer!!! Getting old ain’t fun, my friends!
Thanks!:sad:

Moved to DVD Fab forum.

[quote=dunracn1;2128953]I am a tech idiot…please help!

Have DVDFab…trying to download a movie to an external dvd drive and/or a flash drive to use on an ASUS…

1. Sometimes the screen is little boxes rather than the picture…how do I make them go away?
  2. Can I get rid of subtitles?
  3. Sometimes the video seems to slowly jerk then play at a normal speed…how can I stop that?

Any EASY help would be greatly appreciated! I’m ready to punch the computer!!! Getting old ain’t fun, my friends!
Thanks!:sad:[/quote]
First of all Welcome to CDF Forums. Second, what format is your movie that you are trying to download to your external or flash. Are you trying to download it from your hdd on your desktop or another source? Does it play on your desktop?

Welcome to the forum we will help you all we can. Are you trying to load this on to a hard drive then burning this dvd?

It is not clear to us what you are trying to do but here are some answers based on common things that can happen:

[quote=dunracn1;2128953]I am a tech idiot…please help!

1. Sometimes the screen is little boxes rather than the picture…how do I make them go away?[/quote]If you burned to a DVD, either the burn speed was too high or the blank media is poor quality. If converted to AVI or MP4 and placed on a memory card, the read or write speed of the card may not be fast enough to support video at high bitrates.
  1. Can I get rid of subtitles?
    If they are appearing in an AVI or MP4 file that you converted, then no, they are there forever. To prevent them from showing up in future conversions, look in the lower right corner of the DVDFab window. There is an area called Subpicture. You need to UNcheck all the boxes in that area (before you click Next) to prevent them from being processed.

2. Sometimes the video seems to slowly jerk then play at a normal speed…how can I stop that?
    If playing back from a DVD you burned, your drive may not be supplying the video transport stream to the player at a fast enough rate (or with too many errors). There are many causes for this. If it near the end of the movie it is probably poor blank media or too high a burn speed. If it is an AVI or MP4 file that you converted, the framerate or bitrate may be too high for the playback device or the storage media may not be able to sustain the required read speed (see #1 above).

Please update to DVDFab v5.0.9.5 and read the Tutorial for basic information about DVDFab controls and functions.

Thank you all so much for the help! I am putting the DVD into the DVD drive on the tower and trying to get it to a Western Digital external hard drive to watch on a little ASUS without a DVD player! I have tried both the DVD to DVD and the DVD to Mobile! The ‘generic’ mobile plays the best with an mkv file!
Any suggestions on what to set the bitrate …etc to on the options/conversion page?..to get it to run without the jerking?!

Thanks again!!! I really appreciate the help as I have no kids to do this for me!!

If you are talking about one of the ASUS Eepcs, I made some conversions when my wife had one at work. This was one of the earlier models (white), not the new one (black)with the larger screen. I used Generic Xvid+MP3 AVI, screen 480x270, bitrate about 1200kbps. It was touch and go when played from the SD card and jerked a little every now and then. I used “Same as Source” for the framerate, you might try something lower, like 20 or 24 fps and a slightly lower bitrate if my settings are too jerky for you.