DVD Fab problem records two discs and then shuts down

vbimport

I recently tried to backup some Exercise DVD’s called Insanity. The originals were getting quite a bit of use and I wanted to make copies of the originals to be used and to put the originals away to keep the originals from being destroyed.

The problem that I have been having is that I can copy two discs and then start to copy a third disc and then computer then shuts down, reboots and then restarts itself. There are a total of 12 discs in the set. This problem kept repeating itself every third disc. I could copy one. Shut down dvdfab and then copy disc two, shut down dvdfab and then try to copy the third disc. The computer would shut down upon pushing the start button at the start of the third disc.

After each and every disc that I try to copy I always shut down dvdfab. Wait a minute or so and then restart dvdfab and try to copy the next disc. I shut down the dvdfab after each and every disc. Consistently dvdfab shut down each and every third dvd that I tried to copy.
After each and every restart it would copy two discs successfully and then restart on the third.
Can anyone explain why this is doing this and how to stop it from doing it.

I am using the paid for version of DVDFab 7.0.4.0 with Windows XP professional sp3 and have never experienced anything like it before trying to copy the Insanity collection.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks snagel.

I wonder if the reboot is caused by a overheating of the CPU. In most (if not all) recent mainboards there are protections that shut down the computer is the CPU runs too hot, to avoid damaging the processor.

Can you check CPU temperatures? A nice software for this is RealTemp :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=snagel;2515590]I recently tried to backup some Exercise DVD’s called Insanity. The originals were getting quite a bit of use and I wanted to make copies of the originals to be used and to put the originals away to keep the originals from being destroyed.

The problem that I have been having is that I can copy two discs and then start to copy a third disc and then computer then shuts down, reboots and then restarts itself. There are a total of 12 discs in the set. This problem kept repeating itself every third disc. I could copy one. Shut down dvdfab and then copy disc two, shut down dvdfab and then try to copy the third disc. The computer would shut down upon pushing the start button at the start of the third disc.

After each and every disc that I try to copy I always shut down dvdfab. Wait a minute or so and then restart dvdfab and try to copy the next disc. I shut down the dvdfab after each and every disc. Consistently dvdfab shut down each and every third dvd that I tried to copy.
After each and every restart it would copy two discs successfully and then restart on the third.
Can anyone explain why this is doing this and how to stop it from doing it.

I am using the paid for version of DVDFab 7.0.4.0 with Windows XP professional sp3 and have never experienced anything like it before trying to copy the Insanity collection.

Your help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks snagel.[/QUOTE]

Hi snagel,
This is a bit of a coincidence, as I just backed up this complete set for my daughter last week, I didn’t have any of the problems you are experiencing, but I cloned mine as opposed to ripping them, so what I am trying to say is try the clone feature and see if that maybe corrects the problem, let me know how that works for you…
:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=geno888;2515600]I wonder if the reboot is caused by a overheating of the CPU. In most (if not all) recent mainboards there are protections that shut down the computer is the CPU runs too hot, to avoid damaging the processor.

Can you check CPU temperatures? A nice software for this is RealTemp :)[/QUOTE]

I’ll have to check that next time. The fan didn’t seem to be running very hard or fast like it sometimes does when scanning for viruses or malware. And immediately after the machine rebooted and started again I immediately started to burn the the next series of discs left in the set. It would rip and burn two copies each of each of the next two discs, and then stop again on the third.

Each time as soon as it rebooted and started again I immediately started to rip the next two and burn copies. It always hit on the third disc when it stopped and rebooted.

Just didn’t make any sense to me why it would do that. But the next time it does do that I will for sure want to run the RealTemp and see what it says.
thanks snagel