Dvd Fab Platinum users please help!

whats the difference between VSO Burning engine and Nero Burning Rom on the write “options” for dvd platinum. i’ve been sing VSO Burning Engine? Is the Nero one better, any comments??

The differnce is you need to have Nero installed to use the Nero buring engine, the VSO engine comes with DVD Fab Platnium. I use The VSO Option and like it alot. You can also install Imgburn and use that to burn now. Its just users preference, the disc will play just fine no matter what burning engine you use.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2013575]The differnce is you need to have Nero installed to use the Nero buring engine, the VSO engine comes with DVD Fab Platnium. I use The VSO Option and like it alot. You can also install Imgburn and use that to burn now. Its just users preference, the disc will play just fine no matter what burning engine you use.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, solid advice from Alan as always…:iagree:
And like Alan, my personal preference is VSO.

The only thing i notice (i don’t use Nero) is that VSO is a good [B]unattended app [/B]and ImgBurn is a good burning engine but when it comes time to burn there is one extra click to do so [B]ImgBurn is an attended app [/B]when using it.

I use both VSO and ImgBurn for burning.

My personal preference is using VSO Burning engine.

bean55

I use Image burn when I rip with ripit4me.
[I sometimes get tired of Fab Platinum] for maybe a week or so and then I’m back to Platinum.
I also use the VSO when riping with Fab…

Also have Nero but haven’t used it in a long time.
Probably when I discovered Imageburn with Ripit4me.

[QUOTE=jumper888;2013567]whats the difference between VSO Burning engine and Nero Burning Rom on the write “options” for dvd platinum. i’ve been sing VSO Burning Engine? Is the Nero one better, any comments??[/QUOTE]

Hi Jumper888
Welcome to CD Freaks and the DVDFab forum :cool:
As you can see from the other members and friends above they all use what they like,…no matter which burn engine you use DVDFab will work good with all three.
Has far as Nero’s burning rom being better then the VSO burn engine,…I myself would have to say no, but then I’m no tech guru but I have used both of them and they both do the job at hand…done scans of the burns from eash burn engine and found that the quality score are the same a little difference in the readings but still over all the same.
Which ever you do use just remember to use good quality blank media to burn on,…you will find or have less trouble using Verbatim’s or TY->[B]T[/B]aiyo [B]Y[/B]uden

StormJumper :cool:
again welcome

Hi jumper888. Personally I like either IMGBurn or Fab’s VSO engine. Both are awesome. ~ Mike

thanks guys for the input.

No problem jumper888. We all like to help each other out. Remember, knowledge is power right ! Good luck and Happy Burning. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=Bob;2013588]The only thing i notice (i don’t use Nero) is that VSO is a good [B]unattended app [/B]and ImgBurn is a good burning engine but when it comes time to burn there is one extra click to do so [B]ImgBurn is an attended app [/B]when using it.

I use both VSO and ImgBurn for burning.[/QUOTE]

i like to use ImgBurn more and more. first because the burn log has more information. personally i have lite on drives and imgburn has options to change the smartburn options built-in with out having to open smartburn. the settings for smartburn are saved in the burn log. these are just the first two reasons i have gone to imgburn. if you like to have options ImgBurn is the way to go. also it saves a burn graph.

if you really like VSO burn engine, ImgBurn can use the VSO engine and still give all the software options available with ImgBurn. to select VSO go to tools, settings, I/O.

Off Topic:

Bob, i have set imgburn to automatically start burning when media is present. thus eleminating the need to click ok before burning starts. i dont know your personal imgburn needs but for me it work good. under tools, settings, build, there are Dont Prompt options.

Thanks troy for that info. I myself am becoming more and more partial to IMG and saving that step will save a step, lol. Then I’ll be able to set it and forget it. ~ Mike

[QUOTE=troy512;2013893]i like to use ImgBurn more and more. first because the burn log has more information. personally i have lite on drives and imgburn has options to change the smartburn options built-in with out having to open smartburn. the settings for smartburn are saved in the burn log. these are just the first two reasons i have gone to imgburn. if you like to have options ImgBurn is the way to go. also it saves a burn graph.

if you really like VSO burn engine, ImgBurn can use the VSO engine and still give all the software options available with ImgBurn. to select VSO go to tools, settings, I/O.

Off Topic:

Bob, i have set imgburn to automatically start burning when media is present. thus eleminating the need to click ok before burning starts. i dont know your personal imgburn needs but for me it work good. under tools, settings, build, there are Dont Prompt options.[/QUOTE]

thank you for the tip on imgburn no extra steps thank you!!:bow:

[QUOTE=troy512;2013893]Off Topic:

Bob, i have set imgburn to automatically start burning when media is present. thus eleminating the need to click ok before burning starts. i dont know your personal imgburn needs but for me it work good. under tools, settings, build, there are Dont Prompt options.[/QUOTE]yeah i don’t mind the prompt but thank you for the info.