DVD Fab platinum problem!

vbimport

I have done the trial version of dvdfab and it worked great. I am trying to copy movies I have at home before I go back to school, and it was copying pretty much any movie. Then when my trial ended, I bought the platinum edition online. I did this just last night, and the first dvd I put in came up with a message saying “dvd is css protected. cannot copy.” I haven’t had any problems yet like this and it is very frustrating that it happens right after I spent money on this product. I emailed them, but was wondering if anyone on here had any other suggestions of how to get around this (if there is any way to get around it). Otherwise I will try to get my money back and look for a different dvd copying program. If anyone has any advice for this problem, please let me know!!! Thank you so much!

Hi gturner228 and welcome to cdfreaks,

I’m not a betting man, but I would bet $ that you inadvertantly downloaded the app from the wrong site.
The Fab.net site has the non-css versions (there are a # of threads explaining this…essentially due to business/legal reasons). These versions will not decrypt copy protected discs

Download only from Fab.com (css versions) or click on the link right here at the top of the Fab forum.

Any problems, just post back.
Hope this helps

Thank you so much for getting back to me so fast! It seems that that is my problem, so I have contacted them to see if they will refund me so I can buy the dvdfab.com version. Seems like such a stupid mistake, but I hope they can do something because I have no use for the other one!

[QUOTE=gturner228;2094428]Thank you so much for getting back to me so fast! It seems that that is my problem, so I have contacted them to see if they will refund me so I can buy the dvdfab.com version. Seems like such a stupid mistake, but I hope they can do something because I have no use for the other one![/QUOTE]

No need for a refund.

Just download the CSS version from DVDFab.com and the key that you were emailed will work with that version also.

Great. Thanks so much!