Dvd Fab Platinum No Media Detected in Drive

Hi this is my first post. I have been using DVD Fab Platinum for a very long while and it always very good. I upgrade as soon as the updates are out and have been using blank Memorex, Philips, Verbatum and TDK for years with no problems. I purchased a 100 pak TDK dvd-r because they were on sale. About two upgades ago I started getting" No Media Detected in Drive" only with the TDK blank media. How can I fix this, I still have all the TDK blanks left and I want to use them. I can see there are some other users with the same problem.
Thanks
estater

AMD Athlon XP 2800+
2.09 GHz
Lite-on DVDRW LH-18A1p
18xspeed-smart burn,smart write,smart x

dowload imgburn, install imgburn, under tools, settings, write, uncheck lock volume. then click mode, write, and set your write speed. close imgburn and in dvdfab settings, write, select imgburn.

edit// 18x, why the need for overspeed? this only saves about 1 min, i prefer to get higher quality scans with lower speeds. seems my mcc004 like 6x where ritekf1 and sonyd21 like 8x.

Is disabling the ‘lock volume’ feature a requirement to fix a problem with DVDFab Platinum? Otherwise it is best left enabled.

estater, use good media and get rid of the TDK junk. Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.

[QUOTE=linx05;1993935]Is disabling the ‘lock volume’ feature a requirement to fix a problem with DVDFab Platinum? Otherwise it is best left enabled.

estater, use good media and get rid of the TDK junk. Verbatim and Taiyo Yuden.[/QUOTE]

If you are going to use ImgBurn with DIDFab then you may want to uncheck the box for that feature in ImgBurn, because DVDFab already has control of the drives and don’t think you can have two program having “Exclusive Access” at the same time
Course I could be wrong ,…would not be the first :frowning:

I don’t think telling people to turn it off is really a good idea - obviously it’s a global setting and applies every time the program is run, not just when 3rd party apps call it.

You want the program to be able to lock it whenever possible so just leave it enabled and then click Ignore/Continue on the error box if it pops up and you semi expect it to.

There’s already a new CLI switch in 2.4.0.0 called ‘/IGNORELOCKVOLUME’ that automatically ignores any ‘Access Is Denied’ error in this function so the user won’t have to physically do/click anything.

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;1994097]
There’s already a new CLI switch in 2.4.0.0 called ‘/IGNORELOCKVOLUME’ that automatically ignores any ‘Access Is Denied’ error in this function so the user won’t have to physically do/click anything.[/QUOTE]

I don’t see any mention of 2.4.0.0 on your website…did I miss it?
Anyway, thanks LUK!..always good to hear from you.
Appreciate everything you do…:bow:

It’s ‘coming soon’ :wink:

[QUOTE=LIGHTNING UK!;1994097]I don’t think telling people to turn it off is really a good idea - obviously it’s a global setting and applies every time the program is run, not just when 3rd party apps call it.

You want the program to be able to lock it whenever possible so just leave it enabled and then click Ignore/Continue on the error box if it pops up and you semi expect it to.

There’s already a new CLI switch in 2.4.0.0 called ‘/IGNORELOCKVOLUME’ that automatically ignores any ‘Access Is Denied’ error in this function so the user won’t have to physically do/click anything.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for your input on this
that is way I said
Course [B]I could be wrong [/B],…would not be the first
and thanks for the heads up on the coming update :clap:

Wow! Thank you all so much. I have a few questions before I start.
What is the CLI switch and 2.4.0.0, I’m kind of clueless? I use different media all the time and I have not had any trouble with any of them. Does Imgburn work in tandem with DVDFab? Thanks all.

[QUOTE=estater;1994452]Wow! Thank you all so much. I have a few questions before I start.
What is the CLI switch and 2.4.0.0, I’m kind of clueless? I use different media all the time and I have not had any trouble with any of them. Does Imgburn work in tandem with DVDFab? Thanks all.[/QUOTE]

If you install DVDFab Platinum or Gold you can select UmgBurn as the burn engine

thanks for the info LUK and this will not happen again. :slight_smile:

estater, are you able to use the TDK disc yet?

Hello I still can’t get TDK to work. Untill a sure fix comes up I’ll just use different media brands. Thanks for asking Troy512.

I am getting no media detected in Drive E immediately after upgrading from DVDFab gold4 to DVDFab 5. I get this message everytime and am using the same DVD’s I used moments before the upgrade. Help!! I’ve unistalled and reinstalled upgrade. Made no difference

are you using one dvd drive or two?

I am also getting a consistent “no media detected” error using DVD Fab gold and Maxell DVD-R media. Gosh, I hate buying software that then needs to be tweaked again and again to make it work.

[QUOTE=drkittyo;2294492]I am also getting a consistent “no media detected” error using DVD Fab gold and Maxell DVD-R media. Gosh,[B] I hate buying software that then needs to be tweaked again and again to make it work.[/B][/QUOTE]

If you hate that, then down the road, think of how much you’ll hate yourself for continuing to buy cheap media, when quality isn’t that much more $$, and you have a large pile of cheap coasters? (especially when tweaking the software doesn’t work, and the media is the real problem…).

OC

:doh:

[QUOTE=OCanada;2294549]If you hate that, then down the road, think of how much you’ll hate yourself for continuing to buy cheap media, when quality isn’t that much more $$, and you have a large pile of cheap coasters? (especially when tweaking the software doesn’t work, and the media is the real problem…).

OC

:doh:[/QUOTE]
Exactly, well said.

Here we go with the media thing again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Maxell media. That goes for Sony also.:iagree:

[QUOTE=rogman49;2294767]Here we go with the media thing again. There is absolutely nothing wrong with Maxell media. That goes for Sony also.:iagree:[/QUOTE]

Let me try to explain…again.

Brand names generally tell you very little about any particular media.
The reason most of us recommend Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim media is that these are the most universally compatible and best overall quality media…period.

Sure, you can have good burns with Maxell…hopefully it was TY or MCC, but it may have been any one of the CMC, Prodisc, Ritek, Ricoh, Philips, etc., variety…[B]all of which [/B] can be found under the Maxell brand name!

The point is…it’s a crap shoot.

And yes, you can get good burns on crap too…again, a crap shoot.
And you may or may not find that your “good” burns aren’t so good a few months down the road.
Crap shoot…have I said that already?

I agree, Sony tends to make pretty good quality media, but typically, it is not as universally compatible as Verbatim or TY.

Burn problems can be caused by any number of factors. The fact remains, media (poor/marginal quality media or poorly compatible media) is the[B] most frequent cause [/B]of burn problems and NOT software.

If users would post more specific problems, they would get fewer “generic” responses.
The devil’s in the details.