DVD FAb platinum express 2.9.7.2

Last week
DVD decrypted a movie into an ISO file.

Opened the ISO movie file with zip genius into
video_ts folder containing the movie files.

Trying DVD FAB Platinum Express to shrink and burn the movie.

Rrror message says
“Get DVD information fail: error code 4096”,

when directing software to the folder.

Please advise…

Robert

Hi Robert,

Error 4096 means, simply, that fab doesn’t recognize and thus cannot open the file…which you, no doubt, have figured out. Actually, your making things more complicated than necessary. Fab is configured to rip and burn in file mode, although gold has the capability of IFO as well. Platinum is comprised of gold and express…both capable of ripping and burning a dvd.

Express will always compress, unless the file size is smaller than a SL disc or you have enabled DL burning (make sure DL burning remains unchecked if you want to compress).

Gold will never compress and will always split to two SL discs unless the file size is smaller than a SL disc or you have enabled DL burning.

Anyway, the quick and easy answer here is to just use express or gold…only. Platinum will do it all, so why use 2-3 applications?

Hope this helps,

Tom

Thanks.

You make good sense.
Strangely enough,
Express does not recognize the ifo file in the video_ts folder;
and Gold does recognize the same file in the video_ts folder,
but as you point out, Gold does not shrink the file.

Am testing and trying to keep things simple.

Robert

hey, I’m with rjl, Tom, still don’t get why after he unzipped (think what I needed in other thread…), Express wouldn’t recognize the usual folders, and compress? Unless dvddcrypt modifies somehow?

sorry wrong thread.

Express looks for a DVD folder. When I want to keep one on HD I use C:\DVD
ame_of_Movie as target on HD. Express burns and changes it to C:\DVD
ame_of_Movie\DVD. There are 2 folders in the last DVD, Video_TS and Audio_TS the last is empty but needed for some players to play the DVD. When Choosing a source for Express to burn from C:\DVD
ame_of_Movie\DVD browse and click on last \DVD.