DVD Fab Platinum burn speeds

I tried the search function for an answer but keep coming up blank.

What do users of DVD FAB Platinum feel is a normal or approximate reasonable time to backup a 120 min. movie on a DVD ?

With 4X media:

With 8X media:

It depends more on your computer and how many programs are runing than the software. If i forget to turn off my Anti Virus, firewall and crap it takes twice as long. Also your CPU and how much memeroy you have factors into it. Also what transfer mode your drives are runing in PIO mode, DMA, or Ultra DMA mode … HTH :slight_smile:

Thanks for your reply.

I realize that but I dont think it will make hours of diferences.

My computer is recent from this spring, I am using an Intel Dual core processor with 1 gig of DDR2 Ram, a SATA 350 gig HDD with over 300 gig of free space. I usually shut all apps completely down including AV, firewall, and my internet connection also, I mean everything is shut down to enable max quality and performance.

Sounds good to me. When i do a 120 min DVD using Clone DVD it takes about 30 min from start to finish. :bigsmile: My computer is a little dated though. 2800+ Sempron socket 754, twin 37 Gig 10,000 RPM Raptors 1 gig of Mushkin DDR 333 (PC 2700) and a LiteOn 160P6S & 1693P.

Yo-

I use DVD Fab Express along with AnyDVD - and a 7 to 8gb movie takes about 20 to 30 minutes on the ‘Recommended’ setting (there are three settings ‘Recommended’ - ‘Fastest’ - ‘Slowest’)-eh!

Hi tahclep and welcome.

Not to overly complicate this, but there are 120 minute movies and then there are 120 minute movies…and I’m not trying to be a smart a$$ or give you a hard time.
When you say platinum, I’m guessing you’re using express and compressing.

My system takes about 15-25 minutes total (recommended speed in express), depending…
Generally, I read with a Liteon 165H6S and burn with a Benq 1655. Typically, I burn at 8X, my usual media are TY’s and verb’s, prefer +R, but get great burns with -R also.
What burner(s) are you using and what media?

I am using a LG writer supplied as standard with the new machine it is suppose to go up to 16X.

tahclep, how long is it taking you? Must be awhile since you are asking NO?

Bryan,

So far I have not gone faster than 8x (I am afraid of getting poor results at higherr speeds). I am set at 8X, it is taking anywhere from 25 to 30 minutes depending on the brand of media. Some media I have used seem slower than others.

:cool: right about where i’m at. Like mentioned above not all 120 min movies are created equal. I’ve had some take way longer than others. :confused: I burn all my DVD’s at 8X also. :iagree: I use nothing but Verbatim and TY02 media. :bigsmile: