DVD Fab Platinum: Adding/Updating Codecs

vbimport

Hi, This is my first post in this forum though I’m not new user of DVDFab.

Is it possible to add or upgrade the codecs used to encode DVD movies? My DVD player can play Divx Pro and I read it can also play movies in Xvid. I tried this last night using a DVD+RW but it didn’t work.

How should I go about adding a Divx (or any other) codec?

Thanks in advance

[QUOTE=the_cubanate;1996192]Hi, This is my first post in this forum though I’m not new user of DVDFab.

Is it possible to add or upgrade the codecs used to encode DVD movies? My DVD player can play Divx Pro and I read it can also play movies in Xvid. I tried this last night using a DVD+RW but it didn’t work.

How should I go about adding a Divx (or any other) codec?

Thanks in advance[/QUOTE]

Some standard DVD Player will not player the +R or the +RW media

According to the manual of mine it should be able to read it. It could be a speed issue as well.

Do you know how to add codecs?

No,

DVD Fab does not use external codecs but only uses internal codecs.

Your XVid should play fine.

Stormjumper is correct. Try the XVid on a DVD-R and also try encoding it using the Generic.AVI.XVid.Audiocopy with the following settings.

Size: 720 x 400 or thereabouts
Bitrate: 1100
2 Pass encoding.

I have 6 different players and all of them play this standard.

I’d love dvdfab to be able to burn Divx movies also. The way i’ve been having to do it is use the Divx player/burner to put them on a dvd -rw or dvd +r then play them on my home dvd/divx player. It’s not a very good burning tool but it works… for the most part.

[QUOTE=Rustbuket;1996422]I’d love dvdfab to be able to burn Divx movies also. The way i’ve been having to do it is use the Divx player/burner to put them on a dvd -rw or dvd +r then play them on my home dvd/divx player. It’s not a very good burning tool but it works… for the most part.[/QUOTE]

Are you using the DivX Pro :confused:
I use it and seem to get good burns :clap: but you are right would be nice if DVDFab had that feature :cool:

it’s just the Divx player 6.7 … Sometimes it doesn’t like a movie i drop into it and it’ll burn a coaster. The .divx movie plays fine on the player though, it just locks up the burner sometimes, Only certain movies lock it up… It’s also fussy about only burning to a brand new dvd -rw. No matter how i reformat a used rw, it just wont accept it ad a do’able disc.

I’m having kinda like the same issue with my player (Philips DVP5965K Region free). It just won’t like DVD+RW though the manual says it will accept them. I reckon is something is the way I’m formatting the DVDs (Alcohol 120%, and Windows Vista sometimes), or something in the DIVX files. Media is Ricoh DVD+RW 8X. I’m testing with Nero as I write this hoping it will work, as I already screwed up one DVD+RW by marking it as a DVD-ROM and nothing will want to format it now.