DVD FAB Platinum 5 Beta Problem/Question

vbimport

To whom it may concern:

I recently got DVD FAB 5 BETA, and it works fine, or so I thought.

Well I attempted to back up The Orphanage which I purchased earlier today, however, before I did anything, I noticed that it was set to back up into DVD9 at the bottom of the interface.

I don’t have dual layer dvds, so I use the standard 4.7 GB DVD+Rs which work fine in backing up my data and movies I buy but don’t want to scratch up by playing.

Anyway, when I try to change the interface drop down menu from DVD9 to DVD5, a pop up window comes up which reads “DVD 5” is available on DVDFAB PLATINUM, please visit …and then it gives the link to the dvdfab website.

What can I do to successfully be able to change DVDFAB 5 Platinum to be able to back up my movies into regular DVD5 and not DVD9 (which i suspect are those dual layers which are quite pricey!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks (for reading this long post!)

Sounds like you have d/l the DVDFAB HD Decrypter (the free one) instead of the DVDFAB Platinum

As that what it does on the HD Decrypter screen

[quote=TheBlackDahliaMur;2043074]To whom it may concern:

I recently got DVD FAB 5 BETA, and it works fine, or so I thought.

Well I attempted to back up The Orphanage which I purchased earlier today, however, before I did anything, I noticed that it was set to back up into DVD9 at the bottom of the interface.

I don’t have dual layer dvds, so I use the standard 4.7 GB DVD+Rs which work fine in backing up my data and movies I buy but don’t want to scratch up by playing.

Anyway, when I try to change the interface drop down menu from DVD9 to DVD5, a pop up window comes up which reads “DVD 5” is available on DVDFAB PLATINUM, please visit …and then it gives the link to the dvdfab website.

What can I do to successfully be able to change DVDFAB 5 Platinum to be able to back up my movies into regular DVD5 and not DVD9 (which i suspect are those dual layers which are quite pricey!

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks (for reading this long post!)[/quote]
Did you purchase this, or are you using the free decrypter? If you are using the free Decrypter you cannnot use the DVD5 setting. It will only decrypt to the hard drive, it will not compress to DVD5.

Why is it that when you click on the burn again option it does not burn the movie again??? I have platinum and it is suppose to copy the movie again if you click burn again…It just says process burned successfully about 2 seconds after clicking on that option. What gives…

[QUOTE=whuzurdaddy;2043270]Why is it that when you click on the burn again option it does not burn the movie again??? I have platinum and it is suppose to copy the movie again if you click burn again…It just says process burned successfully about 2 seconds after clicking on that option. What gives…[/QUOTE]Here is a work around till it’s fixed. Install ImgBurn and > http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-5-0-0-0-beta-discussion-thread-243411/index6.html#post2041917

http://www.imgburn.com/

After all it is a beta…