DVD Fab Platinum 4 Keystrokes Logging?

HI All,
Please help. My spyware/virus scanner just alerted me to the fact that DVD Fab is logging all my keystrokes.:a

I can not think of any reson why a DVD copy program would need to do this.

I have now sent it to Quarantine and can not use the program.
Has any one had this happen to them?
Is it safe to keep using?

Lot of money to spend on spyware:a:a:a
Thanks
Andrew

Take it you did not get my reply to your email :eek:

Hi Easy68,

DVDFab does NOT log any keystrokes.

Where did you download DVDFab?

What spyware/virus scanner do you use?

Best Regards,
Fengtao

[quote=Easy68;1975464]HI All,
Please help. My spyware/virus scanner just alerted me to the fact that DVD Fab is logging all my keystrokes.:a

I can not think of any reson why a DVD copy program would need to do this.

I have now sent it to Quarantine and can not use the program.
Has any one had this happen to them?
Is it safe to keep using?

Lot of money to spend on spyware:a:a:a
Thanks
Andrew[/quote]
This program does nothing of the kind, and as for your spending money, you should have tried the free trial. I use Kapersky Internet Security, the best A/V program out there with Keylogger protection and it does not find anything abnormal in DVD Fab, its the best program you can buy, I have no reason to lie to you.

:eek: I run 4 different spyware programs with webroot spysweeper as one of them. If that’s the case, then that keylogger is pretty stealthy because nothing shows up here. Actually i think more likely, you’re just plain mistaken.

There was a post last year about pest patrol software, Fab and key loggers.
It was bogus.
Agree with others, your alert is a false positive.

If, and I say IF (and I’m not saying that it happoened in this case), a program was downloaded at a “shady site”, then it will often come bundled with spyware.

Regards

[quote=blutach;1975591]If, and I say IF (and I’m not saying that it happoened in this case), a program was downloaded at a “shady site”, then it will often come bundled with spyware.

Regards[/quote]
And I say “IF” and I am not saying it happened in this case, you would be 100% correct. :iagree:

[QUOTE=blutach;1975591]If, and I say IF (and I’m not saying that it happoened in this case), a program was downloaded at a “shady site”, then it will often come bundled with spyware.

Regards[/QUOTE]
Excellent point…:iagree:…and thank you for adding the qualifier…IF.

[QUOTE=fengtao;1975518]Hi Easy68,

DVDFab does NOT log any keystrokes.

Where did you download DVDFab?

What spyware/virus scanner do you use?

Best Regards,
Fengtao[/QUOTE]

HI Fengtao,

I clicked on a link in lime wire that took me to DVDFab.com and downloaded the trial, when the trial was over i paid up and got my code and have not looked back up until today.
I have been using Fab for some time with no fuss.
It was just funny how i got the alert when i clicked on the link to my bank website.

I have PC Tools “ThreatFire” & Norton’s Corp

Thanks for your help.

You probably picked it up at Limewire.

Stay away from P2P downloading sites mate (and hope the floods haven’t got you).

Clean your PC with some good anti spyware stuff; it’s probably infected all over the place. Get Cureit from DrWeb and give it a good run. Then, download the prog again from the site, install it and reapply your key.

Regards

I would fully de-install DVD Fab, (Notes on how to do this are on the forum), download the latest copy from DVDFab.com, nowhere else…

[QUOTE=Easy68;1975464]HI All,
My spyware/virus scanner just alerted me to the fact that DVD Fab is logging all my keystrokes.:a
[/QUOTE]

[QUOTE=Easy68;1975609]…
I clicked on a link in lime wire that took me to DVDFab.com and downloaded the trial…[/QUOTE]
OK, this makes some sense now…the problem was not caused by Fab.
Definitely take blutach’s advice and do some serious house cleaning…:iagree:

[QUOTE=maineman;1975638]OK, this makes some sense now…the problem was not caused by Fab.
Definitely take blutach’s advice and do some serious house cleaning…:iagree:[/QUOTE]
:bigsmile: well if it’s true you get what you pay for.

OK, All done.

Thank you all for your help.
I had a few issues to deal with however it should be all good now.