DVD Fab Platinium burning trouble

Please guide me in the right direction. I have DVD Fab Platinium and have burned for many months and never noticed a problem untilabout a month ago. I tried to make another copy of my back up copy (I noticed my original had a scratch) of one of my DVD’s that I had burned and received an error. So I began checking others that I had made back ups of. They play fine but I am unable to burn from them. I have tried several things to see if I could figure out what was causing this issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Platinium but unforntunately the issue remains. I have no trouble buring and then copying with a different program (ANYDVD and Nero) on the same PC and I have no trouble burning with Platinium on a different computer. I have tried different brands of media with no resolution of the problem. Suggestions?

Hi gummie
if you have no trouble burning with Platinium on a different computer, then you may need to do a “Clean” uninstall of DVDFab Platinum which you can find the info on how to do this below in my signature I know you said you have did a uninstall and re-installed BUT this is not the normal uninstall you will see info for XP and Vista use the one for your Operating System you have :cool:

Thank you for the suggestion but unforntunately my problem still exists. My burner is a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L and I am using Taiyo yuden discs. I have checked for new firmware for my drive but I have the latest that is offered on the HP website (my computer is an HP). Even though I have read on these forums that the GSA in the drive # means that it is not an OEM the LG site says that the firmware they offer for this burner does not apply if it came in an HP computer. Can you think of any other suggestions?

I have also had this problem, and couldnt even get my backups to rip to HD with DVDFab, is this a bug?

I have used DVDFab for 3 years now, and never had a problem with it in the past. My computer crashed, and I had to get a new one, with Windows Vista, and mostly new programs.

I downloaded the latest version of DVDFab Platinum. It seems to copy things, but nothing I copy will play at all. I keep getting a message from my DVD players that the disk is unreadable. My computer will not read those disks either. I have done clean uninstalls, and that hasn’t helped.

I use ONLY Verbatim DVD-R and Verbatim DVD+R DL. I have a brand new Dell DimensionE520 with 4 gigs of ram, an LG DVD writer and everything in hardware is working perfectly.

Do I need another program, in addition to DVD Fab, in order to copy my DVD"s? If I do, specifically which program would be recommended, and how do I configure DVDFab to utilize it? (I have DVD Decrypter.)

I never had to do anything in the past to get DVDFab to work. It was “install and copy”, but that doesn’t appear to be the case any longer.

Help!

I have never experienced that problem and have done them to check this feature. If the DVD is a backup, there is no need to decrypt it again allowing any copy SW make a copy to HD.

were your backups made using custom mode ?

because I’ve had problems copying rom custom mode backups , but not from full disc or clone backups.

No my backups were made from full disc

Hi oldmedic
MS has added software in Vista like DRM…(Digital Rights Management) along with a few other copy rights programs/software when it runs into a flag on some CD’s and/or DVD’s to prevent them from being copied

Storm:

The problem lies in the writing feature of DVDFab. Once I set the program to use Nero to write the new DVD, it works perfectly.

Frankly, this version of DVDFab Platinum is terrible (when it comes to ease of use) compared to earlier versions.

This new computer of yours is it 32bit system or 64 bit system :confused:
also when you installed it did you make changes in common settings like from Recommended to 4x or 8x for the write speed and the other changes most users make :confused:

I can agree with you there. If they add many more bells and features to this program the ease of use will be right out the window when it comes to DVD to DVD backups. I hope that if that happens that they will let me Downgrade to an easier to use version. :bigsmile:

i use windows xp home sp2 and dvdfab 3.1.5.0. just yesterday i was able to backup my customized backup copy of the hills have eyes 2.

gummie

you say that you have tried the clean uninstall as suggested by stormjumper, can you supply some more info, such as when does the process fail during copy or during burn? if during burn follow this link by signals to supply a burn log.

oldmedic

i dont have vista so i can not agree with your comment. the software developers work on problems the very members of this forum are having dealing with. have you tried, or seen where the developers of nero offer this type of support? have you researched into stormjumpers suggestions? please we only intend to help.

Troy512

Thanks for remembering me. My problem isn’t noticable unless I try to copy from a copy. My original movie had a scratch from my baby getting ahold of it so I was trying to make a copy from my backup. The back up plays fine but it will not allow me make another copy. I then checked other copies made from my other originals those I burned from this computer will not allow my to copy from my copy but those I burned from another will. My burner is a HL-DT-ST DVDRRW GSA-H20L and I am using Taiyo yuden discs. I have checked for new firmware for my drive but I have the latest that is offered on the HP website (my computer is an HP). Even though I have read on these forums that the GSA in the drive # means that it is not an OEM the LG site says that the firmware they offer for this burner does not apply if it came in an HP computer. Can you think of any other suggestions? What other information would help?

Yes, I made the necessary changes in the common settings. My computer is 32 bit.

The program would start to write, and then reject the disk (giving a message that I needed to put in a writeable disk). If I could get it to write the DVD, then it is totally unreadable (in my computer as well as in 5 different DVD players.) On rejected disks, it writes a line or two, and then kicks out the disk. This makes it totally unuseable.

I have the write speed set to 8x. Any faster, and it won’t work at all.

It also will NOT recognize a D/L disk, repeatedly rejecting them, and saying that I must use a D/L media. Now, since I use Verbatim DL Disks exclusively, there is simply no excuse for this.

The problem is in the program, not in my computer or in the media I use. Too many people are having the same problems, for this not to be in the program. Why won’t the program write properly? Why won’t it recognize D/L media?

Troy, please actually read my messages.

I am NOT having a problem with Nero, I am having a problem with DVDFab Platinum. DVDFab will NOT write anything that is readable. I wasted 9 single layer and 2 double layer Verbatim
disks, with DVDFab ruining each and every one of them.

When I use NERO as my burner program, I can read the programs I have copied. They play in my computer, and in my DVD players.

The ONLY difference is that I use Nero to write to my blank media.

Now that is not explainable by anything, except for a flaw in the program.

oldmedic
Just to let you know you are not alone on this last night I had this happen to me(YES guys me the one who never has a problem with the program) :sad: I used Verbatim DVD5 and it gave me an error said the disc was full and can’t write no more :eek: and this was a new blank :confused: , funny thing though I grab another blank and it burned the files :rolleyes: .
Needless to say I may do a clean uninstall and re-install not sure if it is this new version but if it is I will re-install the last good version, as Ron–>HDFATBOYDOC said the program is getting to many “Bells and features” :frowning:

if you are trying to burn a clone mode copy and you have the dvd size set the same as the original (backup) burn size, then it will not burn.

for example i have my ‘dvd writable media (dvd-5) size’ set for 4300 mb, so if i try to clone a 4300 mb backup i will have to resize to 4472 mb for a clone burn.

Which DVD burning program works best with DVDFab? Now Nero is trying to burn everything at 18x, and writes one line and then rejects the disk.

I sure wish I had my old system back. I HATE Vista.

Using Nero on Vista :rolleyes: maybe it is working with Vista’s DRM…(Digital Rights Managment)… :eek: