Dvd fab plat vs rip it 4 me

i have used ripit4me for the longsst time i now use dvd fab plat,when using ripit4me it goes through and removes bad vob’s and it runs something called fix vts…but in dvd fab plat i do not see anything like this does it still do it and is it as effective for quality as ripit4me?

I think DVDFab performs these functions transparently to the user. Fengtao would have to say for sure.

in short yes.

fix vts, matches the video titles sets. puts the title with the correct audio.

vob blanker, weeds out the bad user operation flags. allows for correct seek, pause, rewind, menu etc… controls.

In short, DVDFab has all the features of ripit4me, and plus more.

Features like FixVTS are implemented inside DVDFab, so you don’t need worry about it.

Hi raymondtrudeau,
My opinion, stick with DvdFab Plat, as it is always updated,ripit4me and FixVTS are no longer updated so you will have problems backing up new movies! Also Dvdfab Plat works a lot faster than ripit4me

Cheers Bollux

yes iam a believer,thanks i will stick with dvd fab

Good choice.:iagree:

:smiley: Agreed !!! :iagree:

was this the last version of Rip It 4 Me 1.7.1.0

[QUOTE=ghosts;2476111]was this the last version of Rip It 4 Me 1.7.1.0[/QUOTE]

This DVDFab forum so I not think anyone would be able to give you an answer for that

[QUOTE=ghosts;2476111]was this the last version of Rip It 4 Me 1.7.1.0[/QUOTE]

I think that was the last release however as GJ stated this is the DVDFab forum so if you are looking for help with Ripit4me we can’t give help in this forum, but you may get help in the movie copy software forum…
http://club.myce.com/f62/

yep…

1.7.1.0. was last version…

Once in a blue moon I still like to do the Ripit4me/dvd shrink/ imgburn triple play when ripping a dvd…

But, via Fab, it all goes so much faster…

ok thanks guys .

[QUOTE=rago88;2476447]yep…

1.7.1.0. was last version…

Once in a blue moon I still like to do the Ripit4me/dvd shrink/ imgburn triple play when ripping a dvd…

But, via Fab, it all goes so much faster…[/QUOTE]

Curious about your statement, rago. Since Fab IS so much faster, why would you [I]ever[/I] use Ripit - even “once in a blue moon”?

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2477138]Curious about your statement, rago. Since Fab IS so much faster, why would you [I]ever[/I] use Ripit - even “once in a blue moon”?[/QUOTE]

It’s called users choice :slight_smile: just like me I have several programs in my toolbox like DVD Shrink even though DVDFab has custom mode and you can even edit the start and end of chapters I still use shrink on rare occasions…eg…special projects :smiley:

Just my .02 cents :bigsmile:

Happy Holidays :flower:

[QUOTE=rosariorose9;2477138]Curious about your statement, rago. Since Fab IS so much faster, why would you [I]ever[/I] use Ripit - even “once in a blue moon”?[/QUOTE]

good question…

I’m kinda old school I quess,
I’m the kind that always preferred seperate softwares for seperate functions like rip with one software, then shrink with another, then burn.
there was a time when the “one does all program” at times would have glitches and it was better to use a seperate utility for each phase which really is not a problem any more…
[U]It’s how it all started and was done back in the day with dvd decrypter[/U]

I also have a seperate flatbed scanner and seperate Photosmart printer when I do image editting and prefer this to the more popular all in one printer…
I still feel the scan and printing are better when done seperate…

"Speed "was never an issue with me so using 3 utilities to rip/shrink/burn was not a problem… I liked the satisfaction of watching all the programs go thru there thing…
hey…
I’m one of those nuts that used to watch defragmenting in win 95 and 98
and see all those squares get organbized in blue rows…
[ lot of people admit the same quirks about that one lol…]

^^^

Hey, I think we may have been separated at birth, rago!! I’m old school as well, and for many years used Shrink, Ripit and dvd decrypter - until they became pretty much unusable. I still use Shrink, though, to compress, and to obtain excerpts when required. And of course I continue to use ImgBurn…

ya know,prior to about 2 yrs ago,
ripit4me could do any dvd made…
which is about a trillion movies…
still can as I’m sure you know.

it was the Sony Arcos protection that started it’s flaking out…
along with the MPAA…
still many new and newer movies up it’s sleave it can do…

Imgburn rules…
[brought to you by the original sculpter of dvd decrypter. [lightning UK]

Yep. Still keep Ripit on my hd just in case. :slight_smile: And ImgBurn DOES rule. Have donated twice to its developer. Well worth it! Just used it to burn a DL. My first DL, by the way, and it worked like a charm…l.

By the way, rago, I didn’t know the connection between decrypter and imgburn. Thanks for filling me in. Amazing the creativity and flat out brain power of ‘lightning’!