DVD Fab Patinum (Trial) and Vista

Hey Everybody, I’ve had DVD Fab Platinum with Windows XP for about a year and only one or two coasters so I’m very happy with the software. My brother wants to try the software but he has Vista. Are there still any issues concerning installing in Vista or any thing He should know? Thanks!:iagree:

NO problem here on my Vista rig, never had a problem :bigsmile:
course if he is running the home version of Vista it depends on the system configuration :iagree:

Same as SJ, I have no problems on my VISTA computer using DVDfab

I’m running the Home edition of Vista and have no problems.

No problems on this end either with WinVista Ultimate. Been using it for almost a year; including the current version…

… like butter!

None what so ever, it installs into the X86 compatibility files on Vista64 bit, I have been using it with Vista Ultimate 64bit for awhile now and no problems at all.:wink:

Thanks Everybody!

[QUOTE=alan1476;2220671]None what so ever, it installs into the X86 compatibility files on Vista64 bit, I have been using it with Vista Ultimate 64bit for awhile now and no problems at all.;)[/QUOTE]

So, any special installation procedures needed for Vista 64?

Keith

[quote=sktn77a;2224934]So, any special installation procedures needed for Vista 64?

Keith[/quote]
Nope just install it :bigsmile:

Excellent! I’ve been using it on my XP-based desktop for a few months now but that one crapped out on me last week. So I’ve ordered a replacement which should be here next week but it only comes with Vista 64. And what’s with HP pushing Vista 64 and onlt Vista 64 on its current lineup? Vista 32 was bad enough - most of my software won’t even tun on that!

:confused:

Keith

[quote=sktn77a;2225058]Excellent! I’ve been using it on my XP-based desktop for a few months now but that one crapped out on me last week. So I’ve ordered a replacement which should be here next week but it only comes with Vista 64. And what’s with HP pushing Vista 64 and onlt Vista 64 on its current lineup? Vista 32 was bad enough - most of my software won’t even tun on that!

:confused:

Keith[/quote]
I hope your going with The Ultimate and not the Home version :Z

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2225103]I hope your going with The Ultimate and not the Home version :Z[/QUOTE]

Err… well… no… Vista Home Premium 64 bit - is that bad?

Keith

[quote=sktn77a;2225107]Err… well… no… Vista Home Premium 64 bit - is that bad?

Keith[/quote]
You will find your account will be limited even as administrator :eek:
Microsoft’s security for the avg user :frowning:
and to have certain access rights a password will be needed when logging on or the administrator account status will be undefined within the security policies which you will NOT have access to :eek:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2225116]You will find your account will be limited even as administrator :eek:
Microsoft’s security for the avg user :frowning:
and to have certain access rights a password will be needed when logging on or the administrator account status will be undefined within the security policies which you will NOT have access to :eek:[/QUOTE]

Oh, dear… I realize that this is a Windoze question, not a DVDFab question, but if [B]I [/B]don’t have full administrator priviliges on this new computer, who the f_ck does??? Can this be by-passed by by-passing UAC?

This is why I wiped off Vista Home Premium 32 from my last computer and installed XP. but that take a lot of effort, finding msiing drivers, etc, etc.

F_CKING MICROSOFT!!!

:a:a:a

[quote=sktn77a;2225127]Oh, dear… I realize that this is a Windoze question, not a DVDFab question, but if [B]I [/B]don’t have full administrator priviliges on this new computer, who the f_ck does??? Can this be by-passed by by-passing UAC?

This is why I wiped off Vista Home Premium 32 from my last computer and installed XP. but that take a lot of effort, finding msiing drivers, etc, etc.

F_CKING MICROSOFT!!!

:a:a:a[/quote]
Oh hey don’t get me wrong you still have a good system and will not have any problem running programs you just have some limitation, however there are some settings you can change but you will still be limited

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2225132]Oh hey don’t get me wrong you still have a good system and will not have any problem running programs you just have some limitation, however there are some settings you can change but you will still be limited[/QUOTE]

Yeah, sorry for sounding off, it’s just that nothing gets under my skin more than Microsoft!

“Please, PLEASE, bring back Windows 98!”

[quote=sktn77a;2225141]Yeah, sorry for sounding off, it’s just that nothing gets under my skin more than Microsoft!

“Please, PLEASE, bring back Windows 98!”[/quote]
Yeah 98 was a very good version of windows, you can upgrade to Ultimate :iagree: and have complete control of the system :wink: and sorry I was the one to let you know about the limitations :frowning: :flower: