DVD FAb not working

vbimport

HI, I used the trial version of DVDfab months ago and it was great so I paid to be able to use it and everytime I try it says ‘Avutil.dll not found, please try and reload’ which I do and then if I’m lucky it may work. But then when I try again the next day I have to download it all over again, I have only been able to copy one dvd and that was using DVD shrink first and then using DVD fab.
Can anyone tell me what is happening. Yes I did enter my rego number. Thanks:confused:

[QUOTE=Henny8;2007010]HI, I used the trial version of DVDfab months ago and it was great so I paid to be able to use it and everytime I try it says ‘Avutil.dll not found, please try and reload’ which I do and then if I’m lucky it may work. But then when I try again the next day I have to download it all over again, I have only been able to copy one dvd and that was using DVD shrink first and then using DVD fab.
Can anyone tell me what is happening. Yes I did enter my rego number. Thanks:confused:[/QUOTE]

which version did you buy and did you contact dvdfab customer help? Also did you uninstall all dvdfab version and delete any left over folder?

Hi Henny8 and welcome to cdfreaks (and to dll hell)…sorry couldn’t resisit…:wink:

Besides having your regkey in your email attachment and on your hdd, keep it safely tucked away to a floppy, flash drive, cd, etc.,…

Avutil.dll is an application extension, which in your case, is missing or corrupted.
First off, uninstall the current program…completely.
My good friend [B]StormJumper[/B] has a guide for uninstalls for both XP and Vista.
Just click on his user name for a link…easy to find on the Fab subforum, which is where this thread should be moved so you can get more specific help:
DVDFab / DVD Region +CSS Free

Then download the most current version of platinum here:
DVDFab 4.0.6.5 Beta.

Hopefully, this should do it…:wink:

[Edit] and hopefully this thread will land in the Fab subforum…courtesy of the mods.

Thread moved to DvdFab forum where OP can get further assistance.

Hi again, I have since discovered that my computer had picked up a virus within DVDFab Platinum, it said there was a Trojan virus and took that out so I guess that may be why it’s not working. I have uninstalled it and I will try and download it again and hopefully it will not have a virus attached. Have any of you had a virus come with your download.
Thanks,:kiss:

please only download from dvdfab.com.

many cracks contain viruses and doing some google searching for Avutil.dll brings up a cracked version of dvdfab. :Z

can only assume from your original post that you may have downloaded a crack. if you have not, i apologize. :slight_smile:

[QUOTE=Henny8;2007157]Hi again, Have any of you had a virus come with your download.
Thanks,:kiss:[/QUOTE]

Do as my good friend Troy said make sure the download is from DVDFab.com and if you have problems may have to do a “CLEAN” uninstall

Hi again, I have uninstalled DVDFab Platinum and then went to DVDFab.com and downloaded it again, input the rego key then I did a virus scan on it and this is what came up.
[B]C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 4\DVDFabPlatinum.exe: Trojan.Packed-114 FOUND
[/B]----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 216140
Engine version: 0.91.2
Scanned directories: 5
Scanned files: 96
Skipped non-executable files: 0
[B]Infected files: 1

So now what do I do.:kiss:
[/B]

i assume you have not purchased the key from dvdfab.net? however you have not responded to my previous post so i dont know for sure. :slight_smile:

what anti-virus program are you running?

[QUOTE=Henny8;2007168]Hi again, I have uninstalled DVDFab Platinum and then went to DVDFab.com and downloaded it again, input the rego key then I did a virus scan on it and this is what came up.
[B]C:\Program Files\DVDFab Platinum 4\DVDFabPlatinum.exe: Trojan.Packed-114 FOUND
[/B]----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Known viruses: 216140
Engine version: 0.91.2
Scanned directories: 5
Scanned files: 96
Skipped non-executable files: 0
[B]Infected files: 1

So now what do I do.:kiss:
[/B][/QUOTE]
NOPE

Just doing a normal uninstall does not remove everything follow the steps below in my signature there are steps for both XP and Vista and try again

[QUOTE=maineman;2007074]Hi Henny8 and welcome to cdfreaks (and to dll hell)…sorry couldn’t resisit…:wink:

Besides having your regkey in your email attachment and on your hdd, keep it safely tucked away to a floppy, flash drive, cd, etc.,…

Avutil.dll is an application extension, which in your case, is missing or corrupted.
First off, uninstall the current program…completely.
My good friend [B]StormJumper[/B] has a guide for uninstalls for both XP and Vista.
Just click on his user name for a link…easy to find on the Fab subforum, which is where this thread should be moved so you can get more specific help:
DVDFab / DVD Region +CSS Free

Then download the most current version of platinum here:
DVDFab 4.0.6.5 Beta.

Hopefully, this should do it…:wink:

[Edit] and hopefully this thread will land in the Fab subforum…courtesy of the mods.[/QUOTE].

Hi, I used ClamWin for the virus check and I’m sure I got the rego key from DVDFab.com because I got them to resend it to me, which they did. I’m trying now to uninstall using the StormJumper instructions but I’m having some trouble finding the files he/she is talking about.

Hi Troy, SJ
Here we are, covering the same ground that was covered 2-3 hours ago…:confused:
Sound familiar?..:wink:

Okay Okay so I,m sleepin on the help squad :o , I’m :eek: awake now :bigsmile:

Hi StormJumper, I’m trying to follow your instructions on how to uninstall, I have found the ‘Application Data’ folder but can’t find PCOUFFIN. What the hell am I doing, I know very little about this sorry if I’m wasting your time.

[QUOTE=Henny8;2007184]Hi, I used ClamWin for the virus check and I’m sure I got the rego key from DVDFab.com because I got them to resend it to me, which they did. I’m trying now to uninstall using the StormJumper instructions but I’m having some trouble finding the files he/she is talking about.[/QUOTE]

i apoligize for thinking you have a cracked version. :slight_smile: sorry

seems as though your anti-virus software has falsely detected the file as a virus and has been deleted. so you went online to get a new one. now dvdfab will not work. please complete the uninstall found here.
http://club.cdfreaks.com/1711788-post1.html

i use avast anti-virus, it is free and updated very frequently. i assure you, that the original copy of Avutil.dll does not contain a virus.

Look in device manager under VSO devices. For the pcouffin device and uninstall it (there maybe more than one entry, uninstall them all).

Hi, I could only find one PCOUFFIN file, so I deleted that and went to the PREFETCH section and deleted 3 files. Next question, is a Registry clean up the same thing as a Disk Cleanup? I have not heard of REGSEEKER.
Would it be advisable to get rid of the ClamWin virus thing and install the Avast Anti-virus?
Thanks for your help

[QUOTE=Henny8;2007191]Hi StormJumper, I’m trying to follow your instructions on how to uninstall, I have found the ‘Application Data’ folder but can’t find PCOUFFIN. What the hell am I doing, I know very little about this sorry if I’m wasting your time.[/QUOTE]

What system are you running :confused:

I have Windows XP