Dvd Fab not working with Vista

vbimport

About a month ago I bought a new Computer that came with Vista Home. It would not let DvD Fab open, one of the Freaks notified me that by right clicking on Fab, and open with Run as adminsistater, worked fine, I just downloaded the newest version, Fab will open but as it begins Vista closes it . Help!!

did you install it by right clicking and allowing administrator rights or did you normally install and then open it by right clicking?

i had this problem when i used vista for the 1st time. if you uninstall, then re-install by right clicking and allowing administrator rights for install, it should solve your problem.

FAB is working fine for me on Vista 64bit Ultimate; normal install not having to select run as admin or any other tricks.

same here I not need to run as administrator but when I install for the first time on a [B]clean OS[/B] I do 2 things before I install. The only reason I do 2 things is because the VSO engine was giving me problems and when I did those steps it worked correctly.

No problems here on Vista Home Premium 32 bit.
But, I do not install programs in the root directory, which I believe is a big help when messing about with Vista. From what I have heard, some bright spark at MS thought they would make the root directory C: a secure area.
Fortunately for me, I have for many years made my own partitions to install apps/games/data which has made Vista a lot easier.
Just a thought.

[QUOTE=Kingpn69;2157352]did you install it by right clicking and allowing administrator rights or did you normally install and then open it by right clicking?

i had this problem when i used vista for the 1st time. if you uninstall, then re-install by right clicking and allowing administrator rights for install, it should solve your problem.[/QUOTE]
Imust be doing something wrong where exactly do you right click? I tried and saw no option for administator rights.

you download and save the file first. then right click the setup file

I’m having the same problem, I installed DVDFab under Vista Ultimate x64, and it’s not working. Double click on the icon and it does absolutely nothing. It won’t start the process. I have UAC disabled, I have right clicked on the installation file and “Run As Administrator” but nothing works, it simply won’t start under Windows Vista x64 Ultimate.

[QUOTE=slipaway;2310942]I’m having the same problem, I installed DVDFab under Vista Ultimate x64, and it’s not working. Double click on the icon and it does absolutely nothing. It won’t start the process. I have UAC disabled, I have right clicked on the installation file and “Run As Administrator” but nothing works, it simply won’t start under Windows Vista x64 Ultimate.[/QUOTE]

You have replies in the other thread you posted in and also the thread you started :frowning:

I found a thread that was started 4 days ago by another using having a similar/identical problem located here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/just-installed-dvdfab-6-0-2-2-wont-even-start-279753/

DVDFab not working properly with Vista does seem to be a “known problem” but any ideas as to how to fix it?

Are there any logs or debugging software that we can run that will help us give the developer a better idea of what is going wrong with the software, and what is causing it to fail and not start? Some type of error logging would be extremely helpful with troubleshooting the issue.