DVD FAB not finalizing

vbimport

For a while only on occasion Fab would not finalize, had to use the Patin Couffin drive to close it, now since Ver. 5.04.5, it does it on almost every one, also my lite-on drive won’t close it I have to use my Benq drive, any one else having this problem?

I’m having a similar problem with DVD Fab Gold 5.0.5. I had this problem on a previous version occaisonally, but now it seems to happen on every disk. The burner gets 75% of the way through finalizing, stops, ejects the DVD and gives a burn failure message. The disks appear to have sucessfully finalized despite the message. They play fine.

Any advice, Fengtao?

Thanks!

[QUOTE=ken_in_vegas;2087875]I’m having a similar problem with DVD Fab Gold 5.0.5. I had this problem on a previous version occaisonally, but now it seems to happen on every disk. The burner gets 75% of the way through finalizing, stops, ejects the DVD and gives a burn failure message. The disks appear to have sucessfully finalized despite the message. They play fine.

Any advice, Fengtao?

Thanks![/QUOTE]
My problem is somewhat different, my does not eject until it is done, but won’t play until I close it with the Patin Couffin drive.

I’m having the same experience as ken_in_vegas - the discs eject with a failed burn message, error 115 but they all play fine. Another post suggests switching to SAO writing solves the problem.

[QUOTE=jrsjr;2087933]I’m having the same experience as ken_in_vegas - the discs eject with a failed burn message, error 115 but they all play fine. Another post suggests switching to SAO writing solves the problem.[/QUOTE]Thank’s Ill try Sao, see what happens.

If you are using dash media, use SAO ( Session at Once) , it wont make any differnce with + media.

[QUOTE=alan1476;2087950]If you are using dash media, use SAO ( Session at Once) , it wont make any differnce with + media.[/QUOTE]

I don’t know what dash media means, please explain if you would.I did have it in Sao mode, changed to packet writing, last one came out ok, I’ll try a few more and see what happens, thanks for the reply.

Look at your disk. What does it say ?

DVD -R
DVD +R

[QUOTE=alan1476;2087950]If you are using dash media, use SAO ( Session at Once) , it wont make any differnce with + media.[/QUOTE]
I am using Ty -, I am also set to booktype, if I use + media, I didn’t know there was a difference, also I read the tutorial,(should have done it to begin with), and it states the Sao mode is primarily for newer drives, mine is a Benq 1620, I was in Sao mode, switched to packet writing, seems to have fixed it, thanks for the reply.

SAO setting fixed my problem. Thanks Alan and JRSJR.

I think this may be a problem I am having. None of my discs play on DVD players, but play fine on my PC. What is this process, “closing with Patin Couffin drive?” Please explain, so I can determine if my discs are being finalized properly.

[QUOTE=appleoddity;2088608]I think this may be a problem I am having. None of my discs play on DVD players, but play fine on my PC. What is this process, “closing with Patin Couffin drive?” Please explain, so I can determine if my discs are being finalized properly.[/QUOTE]

Hi appleoddity,
Re: your query (c&p from a previous post):

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1982440-post2.html

[quote=maineman;2088618]Hi appleoddity,
Re: your query (c&p from a previous post):

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1982440-post2.html[/quote]

Thank you for your reply… I actually figured this out by doing some more searching… However, when I attempt to “unfreeze” the disc, patin-couffin responds with, “Your drive seem to be reactive now.”

I went to the website for patin-couffin and downloaded the version they have available. Which actually appears to be a different version of PCsetup.exe (older) than the one DVDFab provides. I installed this version and tried it also, and I get the same message. I’m having a hard time finding information on this message. Any help?

I found this thread…

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/how-finalize-disc-dvdfab-4-0-5-5-a-237616/

About trying to finalize a disc… Someone posted in with how to use ImgBurn to complete the process. So, I downloaded image burn… Yet, image burn says the disc is already “complete.” So, my disc must be finalized and my playback problem is not associated with this.

[quote=appleoddity;2088624]
So, my disc must be finalized and my playback problem is not associated with this.[/quote]Do not assume this is so. There are degrees to the process that may or may not have been completed correctly. Even ImgBurn cannot repair some of these. Download ISOBuster (I think it has a free trial) and see if it does not show something still open.

Thank you… I downloaded ISOBuster, and ran it in free mode. It reads the disc and presents the tracks and files on the disc. Can you be more specific about what options I would execute in order to verify the disc is healthy? Is there any other information I can gather from ISOBuster and post here that may be helpful in figuring out why the disc would play in my PCs DVD-Rom and not in any retail DVD Players.

Look in the left hand pane (where it shows track/session/file system info). If the track or session are not closed properly, it will say Open, e.g. Track 0 Open. The paid version will actually play or extract the files (which should show in the right hand pane if you click on the IFO icon in the left one). I have not read all of both of your threads where this is being discussed, but I did not find a burn log in the stuff I looked over. Please post one or give me a link or post# if you have already done so. Time for bed here. My good friend Maineman may still be around, and I’ll look in the morning and see what others may have contributed in what are for me the wee hours.

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-problems-246397/#post2073733

An older log file is posted here. The problem has not changed… The log appears to show everything successful.

ISOBuster does not say anything about “open” sessions.

I have the same issue as well.

I just wait about 4 minutes and it will stop finalizing.

It appears my issue is related strictly to SPLIT mode copying, as seen here:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-platinum-problems-246397/

So, I’ll keep plugging away at it. Thanks for all the help.