DVD Fab Mobile and an Android Tablet

vbimport

I have DVD Fab and I paid for a fully licensed lifetime on it. I got a Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.0 Plus for Christmas. The Tab had Android 3.2 Honeycomb. I have a few questions about video on it, most relate to DVD Fab.

1. Which format would it be best for me to save one of my DVD’s to for play on my Tab? I experimented last night and used the DVD Fab DVD Ripper Option and saved it to AVI format. This worked but took about 1.5 hours and the file was still about 1.5GB. I was hoping for an option that would not take as long and more importantly give me smaller files. Which format would you recommend for a nice blend of file size vs. image quality, as well as compatibility with my Tab and it’s OS.

2. Which Android App do you recommend to use on my Tab to view the movies I save? The Tab has a VIDEO PLAYER APP, but when I open it from the Apps screen, it does not see the microSD card that the movie is on. The Tab does recognize the card and if I go through the MY FILES APP and drill down to the movie/avi and click on it, it begins playing in the VIDEO PLAYER APP. If there is a way to get the VIDEO PLAYER APP to change to a different folder to select the video that would be great, otherwise I think I need a more user-friendly video player app.

Try either the Generic.MP4.H264.MP3 or Generic.MP4.H264.aac profiles, I don’t have this device to test but going by the device spec those profiles should work.

[B]SJ[/B]

I have the Galaxy 10.1 and have used the above as well as I POD touch format. All work.

Hey mdfergus

Glad to hear those profiles works for you. :cool:

Shortly after I had posted this, I used DVD Fab and ripped to AVI and put it on my tablet and it worked. However, the file size was kind of large still, about 1gb for “Back To The Future”. I was wondering what differences if I use DVD Fab and rip to MP4. Would that work? Would it be a smaller file size? How would the picture quality be? Many Thanks!

[QUOTE=JohnCo;2693036]Shortly after I had posted this, I used DVD Fab and ripped to AVI and put it on my tablet and it worked. However, the file size was kind of large still, about 1gb for “Back To The Future”. I was wondering what differences if I use DVD Fab and rip to MP4. Would that work? Would it be a smaller file size? How would the picture quality be? Many Thanks![/QUOTE]

Quality is very subjective so people’s opinions are very different on this.

MP4 is very efficient so you should be able to reduce the file size while maintaining the same quality or reduce it even further if you’re happy with a lower quality.

The best thing for you to do would be to try it and play around with the settings until you get the result you’re most happy with.

[B]Wombler [/B]

would use .mp4 format, as said earlier it has a very good quality and a small file size.
What concerns apps for playback:

1. MX Player (Pro) - is considered to be the best. That is my personal experience too.
  2. VLC Player - well, the old good friend, but the Android version tends to crash.

If you want to backup your DVD for playing on Tab, the .mp4 is suitable.
If you want to save the storage space, maybe only backup the main movie is a good choice.But as I known that DVD Fab do not have this profile. If you are interested in it, plz have a try of my DVD ripper: Pavtube. You wil love "Directly Copy " profile.
For Andriod player, I recommend VCL, the function is really stronger.
Hope my info will help you!

I got DVD Fab Ripper and it had a profile for Samsung and that ripped it to .mp4. I do only the main movie and I found the file size is about 2/3 what it was when I made it an .avi.

So, for example, “Back To The Future” as an .mp4 was about 680MB vs. about 1GB as an .avi. Quality is still fine for me, so I will use this to put movies on my Samsung Tablet.