Dvd Fab latest update, problems since!

Hey anyone having trouble with DvD Fab since the last update??? I updated yesterday and since then it freezes up and won’t finish coping it to my hard drive. Sometimes it gets to 90% but it never finishes coping, I have tried several DVDs and reinstalled the update but still it freezes up. It was working fine before the update, in fact I burned one the same morning before I updated. Any one else having problems??? Thanks

[QUOTE=Vickey;2263383]Hey anyone having trouble with DvD Fab since the last update??? I updated yesterday and since then it freezes up and won’t finish coping it to my hard drive. Sometimes it gets to 90% but it never finishes coping, I have tried several DVDs and reinstalled the update but still it freezes up. It was working fine before the update, in fact I burned one the same morning before I updated. Any one else having problems??? Thanks[/QUOTE]
What version of Fab are you referring to? Are you using the free Decrypter or Fab Platinum or Gold? What are your setting? What movie does this happen with, does it happen with all your backups or just one? We need more information.

hi all i think he means dvdfab5250…problems!?

[QUOTE=Vickey;2263383]Hey anyone having trouble with DvD Fab since the last update??? I updated yesterday and since then it freezes up and won’t finish coping it to my hard drive. Sometimes it gets to 90% but it never finishes coping, I have tried several DVDs and reinstalled the update but still it freezes up. It was working fine before the update, in fact I burned one the same morning before I updated. Any one else having problems??? Thanks[/QUOTE]

Try using ImgBurn(FREEware) as the burn engine it seems the update of the VSO software(DVDFab’s default) has created this issue for some members/users, if you don’t have ImgBurn you can download it from imgburn.com once you install it go into common settings-> write and select it as the burn engine :smiley:

Yes it is DVDFab Platinum 5.2.5.0. It worked fine before the recommended DVDfab update. Thanks for the quick reply, and about down loading imgburn.com, I don’t think I have a problem burning, as it is not even getting that far, it is freezing up while it is coping it to my hard drive.

[QUOTE=Vickey;2263412]Yes it is DVDFab Platinum 5.2.5.0. It worked fine before the recommended DVDfab update. Thanks for the quick reply, and about down loading imgburn.com, I don’t think I have a problem burning, as it is not even getting that far, it is freezing up while it is coping it to my hard drive.[/QUOTE]

Because you had no problems earlier, I’m going to temporarily rule out software conflicts as a possible cause of your problem.

Suggest you go to Common Settings>Pathplayer, and first, set it as Always Enabled. Then go to Preview, and set the decoder as DirectShow, and not Internal (others are having an issue with the Internal setting, and I don’t know if it’s contributing to your problem or not).

Try another rip and see what happens.

No matter how it goes, change the Pathplayer setting to Disabled, and try another rip.

By the by, it’s a good thing to get into the habit of checking the disc surface (source) before you start a rip, to make sure it’s clean and relatively scratch-free.

Please get back to us and let us know how the two rips went.

OC

:slight_smile:

Okay thanks for the input, will give it a try, also for your info, I have tried several different titles and all are freezing but now it is freezing my whole pc! I mean major freeze up! All other software is working great, I build web pages and have 5 or 6 software open at once with no problems, But somewhere between 60 and 90% of the copy of the tiltle to my harddrive it freezes up solid, anyway will give your advice a try. Thanks

[QUOTE=Vickey;2264309]Okay thanks for the input, will give it a try, also for your info, I have tried several different titles and all are freezing but now it is freezing my whole pc! I mean major freeze up! All other software is working great, I build web pages and have 5 or 6 software open at once with no problems, But somewhere between 60 and 90% of the copy of the tiltle to my harddrive it freezes up solid, anyway will give your advice a try. Thanks[/QUOTE]

These “5 or 6 software open at once” - are they also open when you try copying?

If so, try exiting all of them and try another copy.

In a perfect world, where the computer O/S and all installed software work together seamlessly to accomplish our appointed tasks…

Unfortunately, we don’t live in a perfect world. I suspect if you shut off all the web software you have running in the background, your DVDFab problems will clear up…

OC

:slight_smile:

P.S. My other suggestions will help, too… (I think).

[QUOTE=Vickey;2264309]Okay thanks for the input, will give it a try, also for your info, I have tried several different titles and all are freezing but now it is freezing my whole pc! I mean major freeze up! All other software is working great, I build web pages and have 5 or 6 software open at once with no problems, But somewhere between 60 and 90% of the copy of the tiltle to my harddrive it freezes up solid, anyway will give your advice a try. Thanks[/QUOTE]

IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM AN HAVE TO RESTART MY PC TO GET ANYTHING TO WORK SINCE I INSTALLED 5250 IT ALSO HAPPENS WITH THE NEW BETA 6.0. I DO NOT THINK IT IS MY SOFTWARE BECAUSE I THEN USED 5232 AN EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!!!IVE TRIED EVERYTHING RESETTING DMA, UNINSTALLING DRIVERS AN REINSTALLING, REMOVING DEVICES AND REINSTALLING THEM, MAKING SURE I HAVE UPDATED FIRMWARE. DISABLING MY OTHER INTERNAL HARD DRIVES TO MAKE SURE THEY DON CONFLICT. TURNING OFF EXTURNAL USB HARD DRIVES AN EVEN UNINSTALLING ALL OTHER VERSION OF DVDFAB!! IM PRETTY COMPUTER LITERATE SO I HAVE A SMALL IDEA WHAT IM DOING, EVEN REPLACE THE WHOLE CD DRIVE THINKING THAT WAS TEH PROBLEM. BUT THIS PROBLEMS SEEMS TO HAVE ME STUMPED. I DID NOTICE THAT IF I TRY TO COPY A MOVIE TO MY C: HARD DRIVE IT WILL DO OK BUT TO ANY OTHER DRIVES AN RIGHT BACK TO FREEZING AN I DONT WANT TO KEEP USING MY MAIN HARD DRIVE AS STORGE AN THAT IS WHY I HAVE ALL OF THE EXTURNAL ONES THAT I DO. PLEASE POST ANY SOLUTIONS TO OR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE WORKED FOR U AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.

[QUOTE=SUGARAYK;2271207]IM HAVING THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM AN HAVE TO RESTART MY PC TO GET ANYTHING TO WORK SINCE I INSTALLED 5250 IT ALSO HAPPENS WITH THE NEW BETA 6.0. I DO NOT THINK IT IS MY SOFTWARE BECAUSE I THEN USED 5232 AN EVERYTHING WORKED FINE!!!IVE TRIED EVERYTHING RESETTING DMA, UNINSTALLING DRIVERS AN REINSTALLING, REMOVING DEVICES AND REINSTALLING THEM, MAKING SURE I HAVE UPDATED FIRMWARE. DISABLING MY OTHER INTERNAL HARD DRIVES TO MAKE SURE THEY DON CONFLICT. TURNING OFF EXTURNAL USB HARD DRIVES AN EVEN UNINSTALLING ALL OTHER VERSION OF DVDFAB!! IM PRETTY COMPUTER LITERATE SO I HAVE A SMALL IDEA WHAT IM DOING, EVEN REPLACE THE WHOLE CD DRIVE THINKING THAT WAS TEH PROBLEM. BUT THIS PROBLEMS SEEMS TO HAVE ME STUMPED. I DID NOTICE THAT IF I TRY TO COPY A MOVIE TO MY C: HARD DRIVE IT WILL DO OK BUT TO ANY OTHER DRIVES AN RIGHT BACK TO FREEZING AN I DONT WANT TO KEEP USING MY MAIN HARD DRIVE AS STORGE AN THAT IS WHY I HAVE ALL OF THE EXTURNAL ONES THAT I DO. PLEASE POST ANY SOLUTIONS TO OR ANYTHING THAT MIGHT HAVE WORKED FOR U AND THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR ANY HELP.[/QUOTE]
You have posted this message in the thread you started which has a reply :rolleyes: