DVD Fab kills my DVD Drive

vbimport

Hi Guys,

I have successfully installed this version of DVDFab (Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter) (Option: Mobile) 5.2.3.2) on two PC’s but on the third i am having issues.

I can install the trial version but after a restart my system no longer recognises my DVD Ram drive, also if i try and open any program that uses the dvd drive like Nero 8, Dvd Shrink or DVDFab the programs crash.

If i try and open the drive through my computer it crashes as well. The other computers i installed DVD Fab on have the same programs installed and all three run with no problems.

The funny thing is if i uninstall DVDFab, and then restart the drive is recognised and Nero and DVD shrink work fine.

I am running Windows XP Sp3 and have Norton Internet Security 2009 (with DVDfab added to the exceptions list)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[quote=kaneelias;2208648]Hi Guys,

I have successfully installed this version of DVDFab (Platinum/Gold/HD Decrypter) (Option: Mobile) 5.2.3.2) on two PC’s but on the third i am having issues.

I can install the trial version but after a restart my system no longer recognises my DVD Ram drive, also if i try and open any program that uses the dvd drive like Nero 8, Dvd Shrink or DVDFab the programs crash.

If i try and open the drive through my computer it crashes as well. The other computers i installed DVD Fab on have the same programs installed and all three run with no problems.

The funny thing is if i uninstall DVDFab, and then restart the drive is recognised and Nero and DVD shrink work fine.

I am running Windows XP Sp3 and have Norton Internet Security 2009 (with DVDfab added to the exceptions list)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/quote]Having it installed on three computers :eek: you sure your using the right reg key …I mean having three reg keys it would be easy to get them mixed up :iagree:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2208675]Having it installed on three computers :eek: you sure your using the right reg key …I mean having three reg keys it would be easy to get them mixed up :iagree:[/QUOTE]

i am just using the trial install

"If i try and open the drive through my computer it crashes as well. The other computers i installed DVD Fab on have the same programs installed and all three run with no problems.
"
With DVDFab installed
Try going into device manager and uninstall the drive then reboot the operating system will rei-install the drive :wink:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2208688]“If i try and open the drive through my computer it crashes as well. The other computers i installed DVD Fab on have the same programs installed and all three run with no problems.

Try going into device manager and uninstall the drive then reboot the operating system will rei-install the drive ;)[/QUOTE]

I have already tried that with no success unfortunately, the drive reinstalls but i cannot access it, it appears in My Computer but does not recognise when a cd or dvd is inserted

Not sure how or why DVDFab would cause this issue :confused:
Use the guide below in my signature for a Clean uninstall and then re-install using a freash new download package…not the one you already have and been using, maybe there is something wrong with it.

After you do re-install DVDFab at the very end of the install remove the check mark where it says start DVDFab so it does not start when you click finish and see if any of the other apps works with the drive.

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2208700]Not sure how or why DVDFab would cause this issue :confused:
Use the guide below in my signature for a Clean uninstall and then re-install using a freash new download package…not the one you already have and been using, maybe there is something wrong with it.

After you do re-install DVDFab at the very end of the install remove the check mark where it says start DVDFab and see if any of the other apps works with the drive.[/QUOTE]

cool, thanks for your help, i will give it ago and let you know the outcome

sorry i forgot to add, i use convertxtodvd, i am pretty sure that uses the vso burning engine, should i do a clean install of that as well so i can remove the PCouffin folder?

You don’t have to remove the PCouffin, but when you re-install DVDFab it will be reinstalled :wink:
also maybe there is a conflict between the two apps if they are using different versions of the VSO software :eek: and that is what is causing this :confused:

[QUOTE=StormJumper;2208710]You don’t have to remove the PCouffin, but when you re-install DVDFab it will be reinstalled :wink:
also maybe there is a conflict between the two apps if they are using different versions of the VSO software :eek: and that is what is causing this :confused:[/QUOTE]

i am using the most current version of ConvertxtoDVD, but am only upgrading not doing clean installs, however on one of the other PC’s i have been updating converxtodvd with no issues with DVDFab, i am guessing there are some old files that are affecting it so i will play around with it after a clean install, thanks for your help

i can confirm that the issue is not DVDfab, i have tried installing other DVD programs eg. dvd decrypter, anydvd etc. and there must be an issue with my system because they all stop my dvd drive once installed.

Looks like i will stick with Nero and DVD Shrink until its time for a format.

Thanks for the suggestions.

[quote=kaneelias;2216282]i can confirm that the issue is not DVDfab, i have tried installing other DVD programs eg. dvd decrypter, anydvd etc. and there must be an issue with my system because they all stop my dvd drive once installed.

Looks like i will stick with Nero and DVD Shrink until its time for a format.

Thanks for the suggestions.[/quote]
How about trying one more thing, since you have Nero installed open Nero DriveSpeed found in Nero Toolkit…after you open it click on the option button at the bottom on the next window under “General Settings” remove the check mark next to “Run at startup” then re-start the system and then try using DVDFab.

i will give it a try and report back, i am not on that PC at the moment but i do believe i have disabled all nero start up items through msconfig, but i will double check

[QUOTE=kaneelias;2208648]Hi Guys,

Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

There is a known issue with SP3 and if you are not running a business machine do not load SP3 as it has major problems. This could be the problem you are having.

[quote=burgman;2216497]There is a known issue with SP3 and if you are not running a business machine do not load SP3 as it has major problems. This could be the problem you are having.[/quote] :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Who told you that ? Sounds like another rumor to me such as someone having problems and just blaming it on SP3 because they don’t know whats going on as there are a lot of members running SP3 with no problems

Yeah I had read some things about that and when I first install it I myself had troubles when I installed another program, what I had to do is uninstalled SP# then installed the program I was having trouble with and then ran the app to make sure it worked and then turned around and re-installed SP3.

I later found what the problem was, if you download SP3 from the Microsoft download page and install it yourself then you are installing the whole package with all the required components…[B]([/B]that was my mistake[B])[/B] if you let windows automatic update install it then there is no issue because it only installs items/components that your system needs according to the system configuration and will not install the un-necessary components which will be the problem area

[QUOTE=Jimbo;2216550]:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Who told you that ? Sounds like another rumor to me such as someone having problems and just blaming it on SP3 because they don’t know whats going on as there are a lot of members running SP3 with no problems[/QUOTE]

Microsoft states as well as other experts unless you are running a business server and just an end user do not install SP#. PC World and PC Mag had two large articles on the release. The SP3 only addresses sercuity issues on servers and some end users will see hardware failure if installed.

Well I installed it out when it first came out and have had no problems at all and I haven’t seen anything from MS that it would give you problems, maybe I am just lucky then also like Tim I let the auto updates do it

:wink:

Damn we’re good Tim :slight_smile: