DVD Fab Just "Turns Itself Off"

Hoping to get an answer / resolution here…

I had backed up my Prison Break Season 3 to one of my external HDDs and when I attempt to burn Disc 2 onto a DVD+R DVDFab Plat analyzes for a second, then just shuts off… have tried multiple times and it does the same thing… I don’t see any difference between this folder (Disc 2) and any of the others I have backed up, so not sure why DVDFab is not liking this one?? What info do you need if anything to help me figure this strange occurrence out?

peace,

Buk

[quote=BukowskiSoul;2209558]Hoping to get an answer / resolution here…

I had backed up my Prison Break Season 3 to one of my external HDDs and when I attempt to burn Disc 2 onto a DVD+R DVDFab Plat analyzes for a second, then just shuts off… have tried multiple times and it does the same thing… I don’t see any difference between this folder (Disc 2) and any of the others I have backed up, so not sure why DVDFab is not liking this one?? What info do you need if anything to help me figure this strange occurrence out?

peace,

Buk[/quote]
Hi Buk
There are a few things you can try, not sure how you have PathPlayer set but if you have it set as always enabled try disabling it or the other way around.
I have had this happen on my XP Pro rig once when I went to do a backup of a Karaoke DVD (had to do with the audio format that was used) I later found out I was using the internal decoder and switching to the DirectShow decoder fixed the problem.

I have this disc and will test for you. Right now I am ripping it to HDD using the latest DVDfab after that is done I will try to burn to a blank DVD+R disc. Since you not say what brand of disc you was using I will use a TDK disc. [B]EDIT:[/B] I am burning this disc to my blank right now and I had no problem with the analyzing of the saved file. So I think your back up file is corrupt and you need to re rip it to HDD as I am burning to disc right now

Got ya… I just tried NERO and it burned and played fine,… … I am only using Taiyo’s 8x silver premiums now (ok, I DID take advantage of the latest Verbatim sale on Newegg lol)… and ImgBurn as my Fab Burner… this was the first one I had issues with…

Thanks for the help guys
peace,
Buk