Dvd fab is crappy software

hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been using dvd fab platinum for six months now and have never burned more than three dvd’s in a row without making a couple coasters at the same time.It is the most finiky software I’ve run across . Sometimes it’ll work and other times, it’s just a crap shoot. I have decided to unistall it for the last time. No more clean unistall, reinstalls. I have better luck with dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. The same goes for dvd cloner. Don’t waste your time on that one either. They both have burn bugs and the only help you get is “Try better Media”. I never have to try better media with "shrink,Decrypter,orimgburn. Save your money until a truly decent software comes along.

Shaw5001

[quote=shaw5001;2152310]hey guys,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been using dvd fab platinum for six months now and have never burned more than three dvd’s in a row without making a couple coasters at the same time.It is the most finiky software I’ve run across . Sometimes it’ll work and other times, it’s just a crap shoot. I have decided to unistall it for the last time. No more clean unistall, reinstalls. I have better luck with dvd shrink and dvd decrypter. The same goes for dvd cloner. Don’t waste your time on that one either. They both have burn bugs and the only help you get is “Try better Media”. I never have to try better media with "shrink,Decrypter,orimgburn. Save your money until a truly decent software comes along.

Shaw5001[/quote]
You are just another person who does not know how to use a computer. And this is your first post so you have not asked for any help to get the help you need. So before bashing dvdfab ask for help correctly and you will get it fixed. I have never had problems with dvdfab that were not fixable but then I know how to use a computer

So there I was, hanging out under the Bridge when a billy goat wandered in …

Yo-

I have had DVDFab Gold for past 2 1/2 years - and without question - it is the BEST program I have ever bought-

Of course - I only use good media - like Taiyo Yuden or Verbatim - so that contributes to my success on the past 500 or so burns with DVDFab Gold-eh!!

Hey shaw

If you still have FAB installed; give us a little more insight to the problems you are having.

And some other info as well, such as: media used, burn speed, burner and source drive and any other burning programs installed.

A bunch of very knowledgeable folks here at CDF and they will surely provide you the help to get FAB working fine for you.

[quote=shaw5001;2152310]hey guys,

Shaw5001[/quote]
We have thousands of happy users here of many products including DVD Fab which is excellent software, if you have a question we will answer it, if not either use better media or learn how to use the software correctly, I never had a coaster using DVD Fab Platnium. You wont get much sympathy here with a post like that.:cop:

dvdfab is a decrypter, so bashing dvdfab for having crappy burning success is not justified.

you say you have good success using ImgBurn for burning. so i have good news, you can set the burn engine in DVDFab to use ImgBurn. [ your welcome :slight_smile: ] in settings just select ImgBurn, then in ImgBurn settings > build > check > dont prompt image details.

dvdfab by default uses Patin-Couffin - VSO Software as burn engine. it is my opinion that ImgBurn is much better.

dvdfab is the best [B]standalone[/B] program for decrypting/ripping protected dvds to hard drive. PERIOD

Nothing wrong with DvdFab, one of the best around right now.

[quote=GJ;2152313]You are just another person who does not know how to use a computer. And this is your first post so you have not asked for any help to get the help you need. So before bashing dvdfab ask for help correctly and you will get it fixed. I have never had problems with dvdfab that were not fixable but then I know how to use a computer[/quote] Right on, you said it all:iagree::iagree:

Man, the title of the thread didn’t beat around the bush, did it?

Heh heh. One post, then splits. Sounds like the guys doesn’t know much about what’s up.

shaw5001
New on Forum

[B]Join Date: Nov 2007[/B]

could have done alot of reading over a year time. :slight_smile:

When he gets a disk with structural protection on it he’ll be SOL with his software of choice.

[QUOTE=shaw5001;2152310]hey guys,

Shaw5001[/QUOTE]

I take issue with this statement as others have. My response is the software and hardware and installation is only as good as the user if they read the instructions and manuals that come with or online with the product(s). Ranting only goes so far and not giving specs and error reports will not give you good reviews or advice that can be of much use or help to your situation.

Yup, another case of [B]PBKAC[/B] alrighty.

:eek: [B]shaw5001[/B]
Your first post is kinda harsh don’t you think, I mean you never even asked for help :confused:
We have a great forum here with other users that really go out of their way to help other members when they need it, all you got to do is ask :smiley: I’m sure we can get you up and running with the best backup software on the market.

SJ :cool:
[B]shaw [/B]come back to the [B]darkside :bigsmile:[/B]

I’ve noticed that more often than not, problems with DVDFab are directly related to defective hardware, or media (either source or target) problems. I haven’t found any discs I can’t copy, and all of the copies are perfectly fine.

I do agree that DVDFab is a bit quirky, but it’s certainly not “crappy”. I’m still using 5.0.75 because - well - it’s generally worked fine for me, and I have no reason to upgrade yet.

I have two DH20A4P drives from Lite-On, and I use Taiyo Yuden single-layer discs and Verbatim DataLife+ for my dual-layer discs. I have to get my media at NewEgg because nobody carries it locally.

Works fine for me and I’d recommend it to anyone.

Shaw5001

No response.

Guess he still hasn’t learned how to use a computer,or his computer is broke.

Maybe that’s why he can not get a great piece of software to work.

Hey Guys,
I knew I would get a few harsh responces from my post but ya’ll out did yourselves! Good for you guys. I like people who defend their products. Firstly though, When I ordered DVDfab it never said I had to be a computer Guru to run the software. It never said I might have to use a different burning engine other than the one that came with the software. That alone should give you a hint that it’s burn engine is suspect and therefore, is OVERPRICED. Don’t get me wrong, I have had success with DVDFab, but not to the degree that I have had with other programs.It seems to be stable at times and then other times it only just has burn errors. I have to admit that it has never failed in the read process. I have never posted before because I’m not that skilled in blogging or posting to forums. I have read others problems on the forum to try and get an idea of different things to try. I’m also a retired carpenter who is more analog than digital savvy so please forgive me for that.You also said that I never asked for help. Well my consistant problem is that I keep getting a message in my log that says “FORMAT FAILED, TRYING TO CONTINUE.” Admitably I don’t know how to send you a copy of my LOG, but maybe if the help menu was a little better or if it exsisted at all, ANALOG people like myself would have a better experience with your software. Finally, I’m truely sorry if i hurt anyones feelings and I apologize if anyone took offence. Please excuse my spelling and grammatical errors but as I said before I’m OLD and UGLY and lack the computer expertese of this younger generation. It,s just that I believe when you by a product , it should work as advertised.

Reguards
                                                  shaw5001

[quote=shaw5001;2152584]Hey Guys,
I knew I would get a few harsh responces from my post but ya’ll out did yourselves! Good for you guys. I like people who defend their products. Firstly though, When I ordered DVDfab it never said I had to be a computer Guru to run the software. It never said I might have to use a different burning engine other than the one that came with the software. That alone should give you a hint that it’s burn engine is suspect and therefore, is OVERPRICED. Don’t get me wrong, I have had success with DVDFab, but not to the degree that I have had with other programs.It seems to be stable at times and then other times it only just has burn errors. I have to admit that it has never failed in the read process. I have never posted before because I’m not that skilled in blogging or posting to forums. I have read others problems on the forum to try and get an idea of different things to try. I’m also a retired carpenter who is more analog than digital savvy so please forgive me for that.You also said that I never asked for help. Well my consistant problem is that I keep getting a message in my log that says “FORMAT FAILED, TRYING TO CONTINUE.” Admitably I don’t know how to send you a copy of my LOG, but maybe if the help menu was a little better or if it exsisted at all, ANALOG people like myself would have a better experience with your software. Finally, I’m truely sorry if i hurt anyones feelings and I apologize if anyone took offence. Please excuse my spelling and grammatical errors but as I said before I’m OLD and UGLY and lack the computer expertese of this younger generation. It,s just that I believe when you by a product , it should work as advertised.

Reguards
                                                  shaw5001[/quote]

Please observe the punctuation rule and your post will be more intelligible.