Dvd fab hd crashing when re-ripping

hi all, relatively new to dvd fab hd, basically im having a prob when trying to re-rip an already backed up dvd, (re-ripping full disc back ups to just main movie back up), as soon as dvdfab hd starts to open the dvd it crashes and disappears of the screen, no warnings/error codes etc. currently using v3.1.8.0 (latest version that still works), all versions after this crash on “open dvd source” procedure, inc v4. any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated…cheers me dears.

[QUOTE=stu8975;1933954]hi all, relatively new to dvd fab hd, basically im having a prob when trying to re-rip an already backed up dvd, (re-ripping full disc back ups to just main movie back up), as soon as dvdfab hd starts to open the dvd it crashes and disappears of the screen, no warnings/error codes etc. currently using v3.1.8.0 (latest version that still works), all versions after this crash on “open dvd source” procedure, inc v4. any suggestions on how to fix would be appreciated…cheers me dears.[/QUOTE]

Hi Stu and welcome to the DVDFab section of CD Freaks
You will find that most members who spend their own time helping other members need some info so they/we can try and figure out what is causing the problem :smiley:
From what I read from your post is that you are using DVDFab HD Decrypter and you are having trouble with it not able to copy a backup DVD :frowning:
What program did the backup copy:confused:
Also this “Full Disc” backup has it been compressed :confused:
what brand of blank media was used :confused:

BTW just to let you know something about doing backup sometimes depending on the burner that is used and the brand of media used you may get a backup that comes out good, meaning that the playback is great with good picture and sound and plays in most if not all standalone DVD players :clap: "BUT over time the disc will become un-readable by the DVD player and/or the PC due to low "Qaulity media that was used during the backup :doh: and can also be due to the burner that was used :eek: if good qaulity media is used and this issue happens then most likely it is because the burner it self is giving or putting out poor qaulity burns even though they play fine during play back :rolleyes:

Oh and one more thing when duing a backup try and disable most programs from running in the background this can and will cause errors on the disc and again even though they play fine does not mean the errors are not there

:cool:

Hi there, the original backup dvds were made using dvdfab + fabhd (there is no problem when doing an original disc) they work on all versions of the program and then compressed using dvd shrink. i get 90% of my movies from a friend who always backs up the full disc with extra features etc, but i prefer just to have the main movie, hence re-rip to my hdd and burn with nero. It works all the time using version 3.1.8.0. (prob treid about 10-15 types of blank dvd and they all work on this version, always have), but every version after that crashes when it tries to open the dvd source. I can re rip (re authour function) the discs using dvd shrink but it takes a while, where as dvdfab hd takes around 5 mins. Using a pioneer 112 drive,amd athlon 2.2ghz. xp os.1gb ram. 320 hdd (210 free) so i meet all the system requirements. But i cant figure it out.

[QUOTE=stu8975;1934338]Hi there, [B]the original backup dvds were made using [U]dvdfab + fabhd[/U][/B] (there is no problem when doing an original disc) they work on all versions of the program and then compressed using dvd shrink. i get 90% of my movies from a friend who always backs up the full disc with extra features etc, but i prefer just to have the main movie, hence re-rip to my hdd and burn with nero. It works all the time using version 3.1.8.0. (prob treid about 10-15 types of blank dvd and they all work on this version, always have), but every version after that crashes when it tries to open the dvd source. I can re rip (re authour function) the discs using dvd shrink but it takes a while, where as dvdfab hd takes around 5 mins. Using a pioneer 112 drive,amd athlon 2.2ghz. xp os.1gb ram. 320 hdd (210 free) so i meet all the system requirements. But i cant figure it out.[/QUOTE]

Sorry Stu but I’m a little confused :confused: you said
[U]the original backup dvds were made using [B]dvdfab + fabhd[/B][/U]
do you mean they was riped using DVDFab HD Decrypter then nburned using DVDFab Glod or Platinum :confused:
this is not a normal process if your friend has DVDFab Gold or Platinum and DVDFab HD Decrypter why don’t your friend just use DVDFab Gold or Platinum :confused:

either way you can use ISO Buster to extract the files from the disc since all protection has been removed, very good program does a good job getting info off a disc even if it was a por burn qaulity

yep the various discs were originally ripped with dvdfab decrypter(old version before hd decrypter was released) and now ripped using hd decrypter, then compressed with dvd shrink to fit dvd 5 and burnt with nero7. All backups play on pc and standalone dvd player without any problems so i know its nothing to do with the discs or my dvd drive. Only prob is trying to re rip with any of the later versions of fabhd.

[QUOTE=stu8975;1934361]yep the various discs were originally ripped with dvdfab decrypter(old version before hd decrypter was released) and now ripped using hd decrypter, [B]then compressed with dvd shrink to fit dvd 5 and burnt with nero7[/B]. All backups play on pc and standalone dvd player without any problems so i know its nothing to do with the discs or my dvd drive. Only prob is trying to re rip with any of the later versions of fabhd.[/QUOTE]

Hi Stu sorry getting late 2:30 am need to hit the sack, but to make a long story short whant you are saying is that you are having trouble re-ripping a backup that was compressed by DVD Shrink and burnt using Nero “Right”

yep, trying to rip (main movie) from a full disc back up. but only having probs with versions after 3.1.8.0 of hd decrypter.

as to your dvdfab problem wish i could help. really:iagree: however i can not.:frowning: you have nero why not use recode? seems like another case of 3180.

troy

http://club.cdfreaks.com/1932848-post1.html

Why not just use DVDShrink in re-author mode, to do a main movie only backup of your full disc backup…there’s no need to re-rip…

[QUOTE=t0nee1;1934893]Why not just use DVDShrink in re-author mode, to do a main movie only backup of your full disc backup…there’s no need to re-rip…[/QUOTE]
Fab decypter takes 5mins to re rip to just main movie, shrink takes approx 25 mins then there is the burn time to add, so fab is way quicker (10 min process inc burn)

[QUOTE=stu8975;1934925]Fab decypter takes 5mins to re rip to just main movie, shrink takes approx 25 mins then there is the burn time to add, so fab is way quicker (10 min process inc burn)[/QUOTE]

Stu
What program are you going to use for burning the DVD files :confused:
Also if DVDFab HD Decrypter is having a problem re-rippng the why not just use the older version of DVDFab Decrypter since any new copy protection have been removed :smiley:

stu8975 wrote "
Fab decypter takes 5mins to re rip to just main movie, shrink takes approx 25 mins then there is the burn time to add, so fab is way quicker (10 min process inc burn)…

Yeah but Fab didn’t work for you, heck if shrink works whats a few more mins…
But try the older Fab version,as storm suggested…good luck!..

Hi stu8975,

Please try DVDFab 4.0.1.4 Beta to see the result:

http://club.cdfreaks.com/f116/dvdfab-4-0-1-4-beta-232558/

If it still crashes, please send us the crash report, so that we can check it asap, thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao