Dvd fab gold 5.1.0.0

vbimport

[qanda]This thread is about the LG GMA-4080N. Click here to see full specs[/qanda]I am having problems with dvd fab since 5.0 version I burn a movie it usaully works fine and says burned sucessful but I play the dvd and nothing and I also get failed to burn errors to I have reset dma and formated disc and everything any ideas wouldd be great thanks. it worked fine until 5.0 came out never 1 wasted disc but now almost ever disc is thrown in the trash I wasted at least 30 dvds this week alone

My first guess is poor quality blank media is the cause, if you are not using Verbatim brand my guess is right.
you can select ImgBurn in common settings–>Write to be the burn engine which will give you better results with lower quality media

I disagree with the 2nd response. I am using verbatim and it still has the same reaction as the first question. By the way I have used alot of brands, cheap and not so cheap and have had great quality burns with all of them until the latest update.

I just burned using gq brand, 100 for 17$ perfect burn.

Not sure what you mean by "gq brand"
but in about 3 or 4 months down the road don’t be shock when you start having playback issue. :frowning: low quality media are problematic on playback over time :eek:

It’s a brand from frys (sp?) I have used it for over 5 years and still haven’t had a problem. Nor have the many people I burn for. You should try it.
and if for some reason it doesn’t work you are only out of a few cents:)
the one brand that my burner seems to not like is hp. So I do avoid that one regardless of the price.

First get some good media like StormJumper mentioned and change from the VSO burn engine to the IMgBurn engine. If you not have ImgBurn you can download it and it free. People seem to be having problems when they burn with the VSO burn engine so give Imgburn a try. Also lower your burn speed

thanks for your response cj. It seems to be working fine now. Don’t know why it didn’t like the first couplas disc. (no it wasn’t the cq’s) The movie was the hulk.
I have Img burn as well as others. I like to play around with different programs.

[quote=tamalyn;2144761]thanks for your response cj. It seems to be working fine now. Don’t know why it didn’t like the first couplas disc. (no it wasn’t the cq’s) The movie was the hulk.
I have Img burn as well as others. I like to play around with different programs.[/quote]
I’m just going to do the Hulk and the Lazarus Project now. And you welcome