Dvd Fab Gold 3.0.5.0 Wont Copy -css Issue

:sad: I have used FAB Express without issue. Bought DVD FAB GOLD last night. Tried to copy the same disk I copied before with FAB Express successfully and GOLD gives me an a error saying “The disc contains CSS protection. This version of DVDFAB Gold can not copy it. For more info contact CSS@dvdfabnet.” Why is it that Express can copy it but GOLD can’t? I don’t get it. Why wouldn’t “my version” that I paid for and downloaded from the company site www.dvd.fab.net NOT allow CSS to be removed?

For legal technicalities fengtao had to put a none CSS version up. You need to download from www.dvdfab.com for the CSS version. If you had Express, you should have been able to update free. You can also, download using link in first post [B]Read First DVD 3.0.5.0 is out[/B]. The reason for the moving to dvdfab.com is somewhat complicated. There is also a CSS Discussion in the [B]Read First[/B] stickies.

Mack

Hi privacy1015 and welcome to cdfreaks,

The correct site for the CSS versions is:

http://www.dvdfab.com/download.htm?s=fabplatinum

A few weeks ago, somehow the 2 download sites were swapped. This was rectified a while back. The .net site is for the Non-CSS versions. I would uninstall the version you have and install from the link provided.

Hope this helps.

I had DVDFab express - it worked fine apart from a few hiccups. Had DVDFab express since 2004. Now I have upgraded it to DVDFabGold - problems - It copies the DVD to the computer but as soon as I put in a blank DVD it seems to crash the PC and reboot it. Help! Can I get DVDFab express back

Thanks BIG MACK. As soon as I removed the version I had downloaded and got the right version (international), it all worked fine. This forum rocks!!

when i used dvdfab to copy star trek and g.i. joe but it didn’t work.

Hello phillip
Welcome to the DVDFab forum at MyCE :flower:

I have edited your post, just to let you know we don’t advertise and suggest using any competitor’s software in the selected forums you post in, it is considered as being disrespectful to the authors of the software :eek:

Happy Holidays :flower:

[B]SJ[/B] :cop:

[QUOTE=phillip_;2475241]when i used dvdfab to copy star trek and g.i. joe but it didn’t work.[/QUOTE]
This information gives us nothing to help you. What region are you in? What version of Fab are you using? What media are you using? Just letting us know that it didnt work doesnt give us much to help you with.:disagree:

[QUOTE=alan1476;2475259]This information gives us nothing to help you. What region are you in? What version of Fab are you using? What media are you using? Just letting us know that it didnt work doesnt give us much to help you with.:disagree:[/QUOTE]

Hi Alan

I don’t think phillip was actually asking for help, what you quoted has missing words see post #7…also I see you also did some editing which at the end of his post he said “give it a try” or something like that which is now missing too.