DVD Fab freezes entire computer while reading disks

I am using Windows XP. Ever since I upgraded to version 6.2.2., my computer completley freezes when DVD Fab is reading a disk to be burned. I put the disk in the burner and it usually gets about 10% into the disk then my entire computer freezes and needs to be restarted. I am unable to get any further then that and it does not matter what disk I am trying to burn.

ANy suggestions?

What copy mode are you using? Any error messages? Does it do this with all discs? Also, it’s not clear to me whether this happens during the read (Task 1 of 2) or burn (Task 2 of 2) part of the process.

[QUOTE=chrisvargas1;2302417]I am using Windows XP. Ever since I upgraded to version 6.2.2., my computer completley freezes when DVD Fab is reading a disk to be burned. I put the disk in the burner and it usually gets about 10% into the disk then my entire computer freezes and needs to be restarted. I am unable to get any further then that and it does not matter what disk I am trying to burn.

ANy suggestions?[/QUOTE]

Try going into ‘Common Settings’ (white check mark in a green disc on the main page) and go to pathplayer, and make sure ‘always enabled’ is checked…if that fails, change it to ‘always disabled’ and try again.

OC

:slight_smile:

It is during the read process that this occurs.

[QUOTE=chrisvargas1;2302496]It is during the read process that this occurs.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for answering signals’ questions about “when”.
Any additional info such as specific error messages?
What happens exactly?

In any case, please follow OC’s advice re: PathPlayer.
This is almost always the first, logical move when encountering a read problem.