DVD FAB Error

vbimport

This is my first posting.

I have tried to copy 3 different DVDs and I keep getting the same error:

task_2 failed! Error=122

Help! I just went through 6 DVD-R!

More details please…

I am not sure what you need to know. Give me some examples of what details you need…

One who seeks answers must first ask proper questions.

[QUOTE=typender;2113890]This is my first posting.

I have tried to copy 3 different DVDs and I keep getting the same error:

task_2 failed! Error=122

Help! I just went through 6 DVD-R![/QUOTE]

Sorry not sure about …error 122 :confused:
you sure it is not error 102

what brand of media are you using to burn on and at what speed
also would help if we knew which product you are using and what burn engine

BTW…welcome to the club

I get the same thing at the end of burn, error 122. It says that the disc failed to burn. However, when I play the disc on a stand alone DVD player, it does work, but it won’t play on my computer DVD player. Go figure.

I also can’t get the software to see a blank disc when copying. It keeps running through the looking for blank media. It seems to time it out before the recorder can spin up the disc, then ejects the disc. The only way to backup now is to create a temp folder, then cancel the copy, then burn from the temp folder to a disc. Never had these problems with fab 3 or 4, just started when I upgraded to 5. I have version 5.0.8.5.

Any help would be appreciated.

[QUOTE=dorsai;2124043]

I also can’t get the software to see a blank disc when copying. It keeps running through the looking for blank media. It seems to time it out before the recorder can spin up the disc, then ejects the disc. The only way to backup now is to create a temp folder, then cancel the copy, then burn from the temp folder to a disc. Never had these problems with fab 3 or 4, just started when I upgraded to 5. I have version 5.0.8.5.

Any help would be appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I have the same problem also… have seen others with the same problem but still no answers to this problem.

Never had a problem with Fab 3 or 4.

According to the release notes the writeable media detection routine was re-written in v5.0.7.2. Try a version before that. It may be that there is some compatibility problem with your PC and the new code. Also make sure your drive is not in PIO transfer mode.

How do I… “Also make sure my drive is not in PIO transfer mode”.

How can I get an older version prior v5.0.7.2. I did not save prior versions in my DVD Fab folder… which now… I see I should have.

Thanks for your time

You might also want to make sure the DVD drive’s region is set. There is really no reason not to since Fab removes the region code from the DVD. Problems like this can happen if the region code has never been set on the drive.

Well, they were already set to region 1 and both DVD drives are on DMA.

I’m wondering if drivers could be a problem. I have the EVGA 780i Nivdia motherboard and had problems with my 2 SATA DVD drives when I built this thing. I ended up having to use the basic Microsoft driver for CD/DVD drives from 2001 to get it to work right. There were problems with the original and patched chipset drivers. I think EVGA has since fixed the driver because this was happening earlier this year, but I never changed since things were working ok and I am just basically lazy.

Does anybody have any ideas on that?

I just dl’d and tried 5.0.9.0, same problems.

What are all of you running XP or VISTA? If it is VISTA then it could be a corrupt install and you need to do a clean install if that is the case.

are these burn errors on dual layer disc?

I’m running Windows XP Pro SP2 and this has happened with both regular and DL discs.
Here are my computer specs.

Antec P182 Gun Metal Black case
Corsair 620HX Power Supply
EVGA 132-CK-NF78-A1 nForce 780i SLI Motherboard
Core 2 Duo E6750 at 3GHZ
Zalman CNPS 9700 NT
CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) PC2 6400 (4-4-4-12) at 840Mhz
EVGA-GeForce 8800GTS 640MB stock
Bluegears B-Inspire soundcard
Western Digital SATA 3x500GB (Storage & Game drives)
Western Digital Raptor WD740ADFD 74GB (OS drive)
Pair of Samsung SATA DVD burners ( set to C0 and C1)

[QUOTE=dorsai;2124750]I’m wondering if drivers could be a problem…
Does anybody have any ideas on that?[/QUOTE]
I suspect that this may be a driver issue as well.
As you know, nVidia drivers can be problematic when it comes to burning dvds. I see that you rolled back to the XP drivers quite some time ago…I’m wondering whether the nVidia drivers never completely uninstalled or the MS drivers have become corrupted or some such combination of this.

I’d uninstall the IDE/ATA drivers completely…including the nVidia drivers, again…and reinstall the XP default drivers.
Here’s one pretty decent thread re: nVidia drivers:

Can’t uninstall nVidia IDE driver

I have some others buried, but I’m pressed for time and I can’t seem to locate them right now. If you have a chance, do a search and you should get some additional hits.
Anyway, I’d give this a shot.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, that is what I am thinking. There shouldn’t be any Nvida drivers left, I used Driver Cleaner Pro, and I’ve had nothing but good things happen with it, seems to really clear things out. But I am getting some weird things happening with this install. Sometimes on startup, explorer doesn’t load and the desktop just sits there with no task bar or icons until I hard reset. I’m thinking a fresh install may be in order, probably corrupted something back when I had all those problems with the original chipset drivers, did a lot of install/re-install.

Been thinking about going Vista 64, does DVD Fab work ok with that?

And btw, Lauren Bacall is the hottest and greatest actress ever. That voice just thrills me to no end.

I think my good friend Maineman is at work, so I’ll just offer this re: Vista 64: I think I would stick with XP. I have DVDFab installed on a Vista Ultimate machine and it works OK, but many users have problems and it does take some tweaking. My XP install is far less picky.

Got Error code 122 at the start of Task 2 after first using Plat 5.0.9.0.
Have two identical machines but only got the error code happening on one of them. The only difference was the burner with the problem had selected Region Code 1 and the other burner was still on “no selection made”. Have moved to Plat 5.0.9.5 on the machine giving the Error 122 and the error code didn’t come up(disc was not ejected) and disc went on to finish perfectly. Was the selected Region code in the burner being set at 1 when RCE in Plat was at 2 the reason for the problem?

I would not think so. By the time the burn starts, the DVD is all-region, so it shouldn’t matter. That being said, I had problems several versions back running DVDFab with a drive that was versionless (never set).