DVD Fab & DVD Shrink SLOW

vbimport

Dvd Fab and Dvd shrink turned slow on me, I have two of the same computer Dell inspiron 9400, one of them work great and the other has turned slow on copying dvd, ok on writing copying @ about .09mbs takes over 1 hour instead of 15 to 20 min. Dvd shrink problems real slow when ecoding, by the way this is my first post, can anyone help?

Hey budlight, cheers! Soooo the copying/backing up with shrink or Fab is ok, but the slowing occurs in the burning? is this correct? if so check drive DMA setting may be in PIO, try diff. media, check disk for scratches, turn off background processes…
What burning SW???..

no maybe my wording is off, the ecoding the reading of the disk to the computer temp hd file turn into snal on turtle back speed, I have rest the DMA with no luck, I jsut got this program fab running this last weekend and it work great intil yesturday, and it seems that are other computer starting to slow down also!

Check your DMA status.
Read this:
http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=61905

As suggested above check you DMA status also make sure your hard drive is not heavily fragmented and you have enough free space in your hard drive.

Which DVDFAb, free or platinum, what version? Some have reported probs with 3.0.8.6 so update to new version 3.0.9.0 …

Yes but he is indicating he even has problem with DVDShrink slow process.

@TCAS
yes but he needs to try, cuz it may help!!! besides IMO if he is going to use shrink, then I would suggest R4ME to rip instead…

DMA= pass, looked good

plenty on hard drive space available

Once again, update to 3.0.9.0 and see what happens! remember we’re trying to work it out…
good luck!!!
DMA= pass, you mean it’s set to ultra DMA mode right?

YES SET ULTRA DMA AND I DID UPGRADE TO 3.0.9.0 STILL IN THE SAME BOAT, NOW MY FAB STATS SAY I’M READING @1.09 MS/s IS THAT SLOW?

Yes it’s slow… BTW what drive type do you have? perhaps a firmware update is needed…
I’m using Fab at this moment and it’s cruzing at 5.03 MB/s

NEC DVD RW ND 6650A DVD CD-R NOW I’M NEW TO ALOT OF THIS STUFF AND THIS FIRMWARE I’M NOT SURE OFF I HAD FOUND SOME EARLIER BUT WAS UNSURE IF TO INSTALL?

FOUND FIRMWARE FOR THE NEC HAD 102C UPGRADED TO 103C UNSURE WHATS THAT FIRMWARE DOES, BUT IT SOMTHING TO DO WITH THE SOFTWARE? AND NOW I’M CRUSING AT 2.61MB/s AND CLIMBING LITTLE AT AT A TIME, THANKS IF YOU DONOT REPLEY BACK

G’d’damnit, will you stop SHOUTING here!?! :a

@budlightbadass: Typing in capitals is considered like shouting on forums. Please use lower case in future :cop:

your problem is easy to fix !just use the one thats working great :slight_smile:

Hey coathi, LOL… good tip… And bud ,well at least your picking up speed… consider a diff. drive maybe? :cool: