Dvd fab doesn't recognize media

I have been using dvd fab and I have tried different dvd media but it always kicks it back out when it is time to record to disc and I then close the drawer and sometimes it takes and most of the time it doesn’t, This happens on pc and laptop. How do I correct this problem?
Thanks

[QUOTE=eppsberg;2270575]I have been using dvd fab and I have tried different dvd media but it always kicks it back out when it is time to record to disc and I then close the drawer and sometimes it takes and most of the time it doesn’t, This happens on pc and laptop. How do I correct this problem?
Thanks[/QUOTE]

What is the media you are trying to use ? also which burn engine do you have selected in common settings-> write ?
Oh and which DVDFab product are you using also the version # ?

What is the media you are trying to use ? I use Sony, TDK, Memorex,

also which burn engine do you have selected in common settings-> write VSO Burning Engine

which DVDFab product are you using also the version # ?
DVDFAB Platinum 5.2.5.0

thanks for your help

[QUOTE=eppsberg;2271388]What is the media you are trying to use ? I use Sony, TDK, Memorex,[/QUOTE]
Switch to Verbatim, even though you have good luck with those brands they are low quality media and are known to be problematic at times specially if burned at a fast speed

[QUOTE=eppsberg;2271388]also which burn engine do you have selected in common settings-> write VSO Burning Engine[/QUOTE]
If you have ImgBurn installed you can select it as the burn engine which I and many other members recommend highly, if you don’t have it you can download it from imgburn.com it is free

[QUOTE=eppsberg;2271388]which DVDFab product are you using also the version # ?
DVDFAB Platinum 5.2.5.0

thanks for your help[/QUOTE]

and you are welcome

Thanks to all of you,
I used the [B]Guide: Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold on XP[/B]

and installed a new version of dvdfab
and yes the blank disc was snatched on the first try and copied.
You guys are the best!

thanks again
Rich

[QUOTE=eppsberg;2271540]Thanks to all of you,
I used the [B]Guide: Clean uninstall of DVDFab Platinum/Gold on XP[/B]

and installed a new version of dvdfab
and yes the blank disc was snatched on the first try and copied.
You guys are the best!

thanks again
Rich[/QUOTE]

Glad the guide was of help to you
Have a nice day :flower:

I have another question, when I update DVD FAB Platinum, is the same thing going to happen where the blank media causes the burner to not recognize the disc until I keep closing the drawer until it does or will I need to delete the previous version and then install updated version???

Rich

[QUOTE=eppsberg;2272521]I have another question, when I update DVD FAB Platinum, is the same thing going to happen where the blank media causes the burner to not recognize the disc until I keep closing the drawer until it does or will I need to delete the previous version and then install updated version???

Rich[/QUOTE]

The same thing is more likely to happen (can’t guarantee it will or won’t) if you don’t upgrade to a quality media as per Stormjumper’s suggestion. Maxell is particularly notorious for causing problems.

You should be able to upgrade Fab by installing it right over the old version - no need to go through the labourious un-install every time you update.

Hint: If you are installing an upgrade over an older version, be sure you uncheck the ‘install VSO engine’ option, otherwise, you’ll have an HD full of VSO engines and their drivers - those don’t get over-written.

OC

:slight_smile:

uncheck the ‘install VSO engine’ option,
I will remember this
Thanks again for the help