DVD (?Fab) Decrypter

First let me say I’m very new. Last year I started using DVD Decrypter for the first time. It was reading at (16X). Then later on it changed to (2.0) which made this a long process. A friend assisted me and set I think what is called “Udma”?? ( not sure now that was last year) Anyway, that corrected the situation for several months but it then went back to (1.2, 1.0). Well to make a long story short, with my being frustrated, I recently purchased and downloaded DVDfab HD Decrypter4 and DVD Fab 4. Well needless to say, the Decrypter is running at that same slow rate. 40 minutes to read a DVD that is 1hour 30 mins. Others that I know with the same software does this in about 7 or 8 minutes. Something is not set properly with my system. What do I need to do??? :confused: Someone please help. Ps. I’m also new in the forum so please be patient with me. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.

You need to set dma for your drive. Look through this threadfor instructions.

Moved to DVD Fab forum.

[QUOTE=kickerkid;2016288]First let me say I’m very new. Last year I started using DVD Decrypter for the first time. It was reading at (16X). Then later on it changed to (2.0) which made this a long process. A friend assisted me and set I think what is called “Udma”?? ( not sure now that was last year) Anyway, that corrected the situation for several months but it then went back to (1.2, 1.0). Well to make a long story short, with my being frustrated, I recently purchased and downloaded DVDfab HD Decrypter4 and DVD Fab 4. Well needless to say, the Decrypter is running at that same slow rate. 40 minutes to read a DVD that is 1hour 30 mins. Others that I know with the same software does this in about 7 or 8 minutes. Something is not set properly with my system. What do I need to do??? :confused: Someone please help. Ps. I’m also new in the forum so please be patient with me. Thanks in advance for any help I can get.[/QUOTE]

"I recently purchased and downloaded DVDfab HD Decrypter4 and DVD Fab 4. “
I hope you didn’t pay for the DVDFab HD Decrypter because it is FREE as far as DVDFab 4 need to know Platinum or Gold either one you can open common settings by clicking on the little gear on the tittlebar next to the ? mark and then click on"General” on the left side and just click on RESET DMA,…this will or should fix your problem

[quote=StormJumper;2016746]"I recently purchased and downloaded DVDfab HD Decrypter4 and DVD Fab 4. “
I hope you didn’t pay for the DVDFab HD Decrypter because it is FREE as far as DVDFab 4 need to know Platinum or Gold either one you can open common settings by clicking on the little gear on the tittlebar next to the ? mark and then click on"General” on the left side and just click on RESET DMA,…this will or should fix your problem[/quote]

Sorry I took so long to reply but I don’t get a lot of time to myself. But thanks a lot Stormjumper I will try this tonight and get back with you.

Thanks Kerry56, I’ll do this tonight and let you know my outcome

OOPS just saw that my friend Timmie Boy got it