Dvd fab complete in 1 second

vbimport

why is it that with some movies when I start the conversion for an ipod dvd fab says that the process completed successfully one second after I click start? in the processing field the first line says "531 2-12 the second says task 1 has been cancelled and the third line says process completed successfully. I am using 5.2.2.2 but I have had this problem with older versions. The movie that I am using now is The Babysitters. After this did not work from the dvd I made a copy of the main movie to my hard drive and tried that. Still the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

[QUOTE=petworks97;2184125]why is it that with some movies when I start the conversion for an ipod dvd fab says that the process completed successfully one second after I click start? in the processing field the first line says "531 2-12 the second says task 1 has been cancelled and the third line says process completed successfully. I am using 5.2.2.2 but I have had this problem with older versions. The movie that I am using now is The Babysitters. After this did not work from the dvd I made a copy of the main movie to my hard drive and tried that. Still the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

I’m having the same issue. Tried on two PC’s to rule out hardware. I’m using DVD to Mobile to convert a couple titles for iPod touch. I thought it was the 5.2.2.2 upgrade, but I rebuilt my PC and installed 5.1.0.0 clean and got the same 531 2-12 message. It is with title 2 of two different television shows. If I figure it out, I’ll post here. Been using DVDFab plus mobile successfully otherwise for many different titles.

[QUOTE=petworks97;2184125]why is it that with some movies when I start the conversion for an ipod dvd fab says that the process completed successfully one second after I click start? in the processing field the first line says "531 2-12 the second says task 1 has been cancelled and the third line says process completed successfully. I am using 5.2.2.2 but I have had this problem with older versions. The movie that I am using now is The Babysitters. After this did not work from the dvd I made a copy of the main movie to my hard drive and tried that. Still the same problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated.[/QUOTE]

Try the newest release (v. 5.2.2.5) and advise if any change.

I’ll comment then.

O’C

:slight_smile:

[QUOTE=O’Canada;2192033]Try the newest release (v. 5.2.2.5) and advise if any change.

I’ll comment then.

O’C

:)[/QUOTE]

For what it’s worth, I just tried DVD to Mobile (for iPod touch) 5.2.3.0 on one of the titles I’m having trouble with, and still get the task complete in 1 second as well as the 531 2 -12 event:

15:38:32 531 2 -12
15:38:32 Task 1 has been cancelled.
15:38:33 Process completed successfully!

I also just mentioned over here that I think I can rule out a dirty disc as I’m able to rip a clean ISO, watch the entire episode from the ISO, and the DVD to mobile still craps out on that episode with the same error. Did that on both shows that are giving me trouble.

[QUOTE=Racetrack;2197536]For what it’s worth, I just tried DVD to Mobile (for iPod touch) 5.2.3.0 on one of the titles I’m having trouble with, and still get the task complete in 1 second as well as the 531 2 -12 event:

15:38:32 531 2 -12
15:38:32 Task 1 has been cancelled.
15:38:33 Process completed successfully!

I also just mentioned over here that I think I can rule out a dirty disc as I’m able to rip a clean ISO, watch the entire episode from the ISO, and the DVD to mobile still craps out on that episode with the same error. Did that on both shows that are giving me trouble.[/QUOTE]
Just a thought but are you backing up a DVD9 to DVD5?