Dvd fab bluray copy

vbimport

Been using dvd fab to copy movies for a couple years now im trying blue ray copy it taking.g several hours how can I speed copy time up

Encoding times often rely on the speed of your cpu. And DVDFab cuts a lot of corners in their blu ray encoding already, so I doubt you’ll find a software solution to speed it up.

If you really want to speed things up, you’ll need to invest in a newer computer with the Intel Sandybridge cpu, or the upcoming Ivybridge cpus.

They can make use of a technology called Intel Quick Sync, which is inferior in quality output to what can be done with the X264 encoder, but will probably be close to what DVDFab does. Quick Sync is much, much faster however.

DVDFab does seem to be able to make use of Nvidia’s Cuda technology, so if you have an Nvidia video card that can use that, it should help as well. DVDFab also has something they call Lightning-Recoding, but I don’t know much about that: http://www.dvdfab.com/lightning-recoding.htm

‘Lightning Recoding’ is pretty much the Blu-ray equivalent of transcoding with DVDs in that it reuses existing motion vectors etc.

There’ll be a drop in quality but this [I]may[/I] not be perceptible given the scope for compression on most Blu-ray discs.

[B]Wombler[/B]

[QUOTE=Wombler;2624270]‘Lightning Recoding’ is pretty much the Blu-ray equivalent of transcoding with DVDs in that it reuses existing motion vectors etc.

There’ll be a drop in quality but this [I]may[/I] not be perceptible given the scope for compression on most Blu-ray discs.

[B]Wombler[/B][/QUOTE]

Ugh. What’s the point of getting the 1080p copy of the movie on a blu ray and doing that to it? You might as well stick with dvds.

[QUOTE=Kerry56;2624284]Ugh. What’s the point of getting the 1080p copy of the movie on a blu ray and doing that to it? You might as well stick with dvds.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know. :iagree:

Some people just can’t wait though it seems. :rolleyes:

I always value quality more than anything and I get the feeling you’re the same.

Back in the days when I had a lot slower hardware and DVD Rebuilder took 7 hours to do a DVD, I just left it to encode overnight rather than transcoding.

[B]Wombler[/B]