Dvd fab blu-ray to hard drive

JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS. I WANT TO COPY MY BLU-RAY COLLECTION TO ONE OF MY HARD DRIVES FOR PLAYBACK THROUGH WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER. REALLY ALL I WOULD NEED IS A BLU-RAY READER, CORRECT? IF EVERYTHING IS GOING TO STAY ON THE HARD DRIVE,THEN I SHOULDNT NEED A WRITER.

[QUOTE=customproav;2279048]JUST LOOKING FOR SOME FEEDBACK ON THIS. I WANT TO COPY MY BLU-RAY COLLECTION TO ONE OF MY HARD DRIVES FOR PLAYBACK THROUGH WINDOWS MEDIA CENTER. REALLY ALL I WOULD NEED IS A BLU-RAY READER, CORRECT? IF EVERYTHING IS GOING TO STAY ON THE HARD DRIVE,THEN I SHOULDNT NEED A WRITER.[/QUOTE]

Yes A Blu-Ray reader is all you would need since you would not be doing any burning.

Realize that DVDFab in its current form will not be able to copy all Blu-ray movies to your hard drive. It can not access discs with BD+ protection and most movies these days have BD+ protection. There are other programs that will work though…

I’m trying to do the same thing, convert my blu-ray discs to hard drive to play back using a media center extender.

Flipcody, would you care to point us in the right direction for instruction on how to do this?

ok, thats what i thought. What are some of the "other"programs you recomend flipcody?

seanhobbs and customproav, I sent you a PM.

Flipcopy,

I am the process of the doing the same thing. Is it possible to include me on the PM.

Thanks

Rome.