DVD Fab Blu-ray - Rip-off?

Has anyone had better luck with this “upgrade”. When I purchased this software, it was with Blu-Ray support. Support was promptly dropped. I have been waiting patienetly for a long long time. Now that it is here, I find that they want another $86+ to enable the feature I paid for originally. I have emailed them and been pretty much blown off. I considered paying again for the feature that I already paid for, but I can’t get the software to work reliably.

• Somtimes (not too often) it crashes
  • Often it locks up
  • Sometimes it works on an older encryption
  • About 1/2 the time the output image is useless and can not be played.
  • It does not work at all on newer disks with the new protection

So my questions are:
How does everyone feel about paying for the feature that you already paid for?
Has anyone had better luck? If so what OS? (I am on Vista 64)
Are you considering paying for this buggy version?

I to had a problem the first time. I have purchased and installed DVDfab 1.0.1.8 and had playback problems. The computer that I have for a HTPC is a monster as some of you know and there should have been no known reason for concern. I have not upgraded to any of the more resent versions since 1.0.1.8 works fine. with that in mind the newer ones should to. For the solution to playback see this thread. All you need is to make sure your codecs are up to date and you need media center classic home cinema 64bit if you can’t play.

[QUOTE=dldb1;2307344]Has anyone had better luck with this “upgrade”. When I purchased this software, it was with Blu-Ray support. Support was promptly dropped. I have been waiting patienetly for a long long time. Now that it is here, I find that they want another $86+ to enable the feature I paid for originally. I have emailed them and been pretty much blown off. I considered paying again for the feature that I already paid for, but I can’t get the software to work reliably.

• Somtimes (not too often) it crashes
  • Often it locks up
  • Sometimes it works on an older encryption
  • About 1/2 the time the output image is useless and can not be played.
  • It does not work at all on newer disks with the new protection

So my questions are:
How does everyone feel about paying for the feature that you already paid for?
Has anyone had better luck? If so what OS? (I am on Vista 64)
Are you considering paying for this buggy version?[/QUOTE]

Well, I believe that I can answer your questions, but speaking only for myself.

1. I purchased Blu-Ray because I didn’t have it ,I originally had the Platinum and at the time BD was not an option…but I am glad I bought it.

2. I have had stellar luck with BD, my OS is XP Pro (sp3), just one MINOR glitch, I can’t burn from full movie, my way around that is to use ImgBurn as a stand alone burner.

3. I have already paid for it, and am very happy with it, if the past is an indicator then Fengtao will come out with a less buggy version soon.

it would seem that with Vista there are some issues, and more times than not, it is the OS(Vista) that is a little squirrel y, at least that is my take from reading the forums.

So let’s get down to solving the problem, have you tried un-installing then re-installing

http://club.cdfreaks.com/2277067-post1.html

then check your setting in > common setting

under DVD / Blu-Ray > I/O mode >auto

File Reading Mode > Internal (UDF 2.50 Parser + I/O )

under write tab > Burn Engine > ImgBurn or VSO (although I think this setting VSO has been giving some a hard time)

write speed > Recommended

Region > (should be set to your region e.g) > A > for U.S./ Central America/ etc.

Protection tab > Blu-Ray > all boxes should be checked

PathPlayer > enable PathPlayer when necessary.

now if this last one is not correct, switch to one of the other options in PathPlayer and you can play around with that,so for the time, I hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.

:smiley:

Thanks, I went through the list and even tried using my ancient XP based laptop, but same reuslts. Unusable copies and crashes…