Dvd fab audio loss

Every movie I backup with dvd fab the audio is lower then the original sometimes much lower. I don’t want raise the audio with the generic part of the software because I want all the menus and extras on one disc. I tried playing with the settings with no luck. there has to be an easy solution!! Im so frustrated thanks to your replies in adavance!! I ve tried different media dvdrs no luck.

[QUOTE=lexipink;2248750]Every movie I backup with dvd fab the audio is lower then the original sometimes much lower. I don’t want raise the audio with the generic part of the software because I want all the menus and extras on one disc. I tried playing with the settings with no luck. there has to be an easy solution!! Im so frustrated thanks to your replies in adavance!! I ve tried different media dvdrs no luck.[/QUOTE]

Funny I don’t seem to have this issue which audio folder do you select before doing the rip ?
also which mode do you use when you have this issue ?, if it is any mode other then main move then the default audio track is used which you can set in common settings-> Streams-> Audio in the dropdown window at the bottom right side
:smiley:

I just put in the disc and I don’t select any audio folders I select full disc mode dvd fab rips the movie on to a temp file on my hard drive and then the software upon completion of the rip asks for a disc and its done.

I’m not sure I understand about the audio folder question can you expain a little further on that please.

In the drop down in the streams section which option do you select, all tracks, dolby digital,mpeg-2,linear pcm, or dts. I think Iv’e tried almost all the different modes but no luck.

[QUOTE=lexipink;2248898]I just put in the disc and I don’t select any audio folders I select full disc mode dvd fab rips the movie on to a temp file on my hard drive and then the software upon completion of the rip asks for a disc and its done.

I’m not sure I understand about the audio folder question can you expain a little further on that please.

In the drop down in the streams section which option do you select, all tracks, dolby digital,mpeg-2,linear pcm, or dts. I think Iv’e tried almost all the different modes but no luck.[/QUOTE]

I have dolby digital selected which sets it as the default audio track on the backup disc, course thats if it is present on the original disc.
I have noticed that if the device that I use to play the backup disc does not support dolby digital the volume is low however by choosing AC-3/2 audio track(folder) instead of AC-3/5.1 then the volume is increased…

The audio stream selections in Common Settings make no difference in Full Disc mode. You must use the DVD Menu or the controls on your player to change which audio stream is decoded. In Main Movie or Customize the settings do matter. In Main Movie and Customize/No Menus you can select which audio stream will be the one automatically decoded by the player using the “Default Arrow”, as explained in the [B]Tutorial[/B].

Thank you for all your help. The blue arrow only works on main movie. I cant get it work with customize. it works only if I check the the box remove menus, play titles continually. I want the dvd menu . What does the blue arrow do?

The arrow instructs your player to play the (audio or subpicture) stream that it is pointing to automatically. It only works in Customize if you have No Menus selected.

I thank you for your help . SO if I want to keep the menus then the blue arrow does not apply. I just check the ac-3/2 box I have the best results with that setting.