Dvd fab and vista home premium

vbimport

can someone tell me what to do pleas i have vista home premium and i cannot get my dvd fab to work it worked when windows was not activated but now that windows is activated it dont work. i have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted for 2 days. i keep getting an error that the program has stopped working. i have windows defender turn off i need help please sommeone

[QUOTE=manrod;2107052]can someone tell me what to do pleas i have vista home premium and i cannot get my dvd fab to work it worked when windows was not activated but now that windows is activated it dont work. i have uninstalled and reinstalled and rebooted for 2 days. i keep getting an error that the program has stopped working. i have windows defender turn off i need help please sommeone[/QUOTE]

Follow the guide below in my signature for doing a "Clean uninstall"
after do all the steps, make sure you do the disk clean up which you will find on the “All Programs” >>“Accessories” >> "System Tools"
after that go into “Control Panel” >> “System and Maintenance” >> “Administrator Tools” >> “Computer ManagemenT” >> "Services"
scroll down the list until you find “Windows Definder” double click on it to open it’s properties click on STOP then click on the dropdown menu where it says AUTOMATIC and select disable…click apply then OK now reboot and then install DVDFab.

Please NOTE if you still have the problem it is do to the fact that with the Vista Home Premium version your account is limited even if you are logged on as administrator and own the computer…( Microsofts way of making you fork out more money if you want full access to the system )…which I did :frowning:

Anyway you may have to add DVDFab to the DEP exception list…but DVDFab should do it automatically if not you will have to do it yourself.
Let me know and can help with that also if needed

BTW…you will want to re-enable Definder after you are done

Hello manrod, It looks like your having an issue with your DVD Fab. My name is Rick and I work with the Windows Vista Team, and I would like to help. I am not a support tech, but I did some searching and found out that DVD Fab just released a new update/version on August 07, 2008. On their website they suggest you download the latest version and install it. That could resolve your issue. It is also recommended that you update your copy of Vista before you download/update any 3rd party apps. Please let me know if that works or not.

Good luck
Rick

ok i have done everything hat has bee told for me to do. i purchased vista from dell and activated it so it is the full version. i have done the clean uninstall, reinstall, deleted from registry, rebooted, reinstalled and get the same error. the only thing i havent done is add to the dep exception list. i do not know how to do that does anyone else have any more suggestions. when windows wasnt activated it worked perfectly ut now that i have the full version it will not work.

[quote=StormJumper;2107152]Follow the guide below in my signature for doing a "Clean uninstall"
after do all the steps, make sure you do the disk clean up which you will find on the “All Programs” >>“Accessories” >> "System Tools"
after that go into “Control Panel” >> “System and Maintenance” >> “Administrator Tools” >> “Computer ManagemenT” >> "Services"
scroll down the list until you find “Windows Definder” double click on it to open it’s properties click on STOP then click on the dropdown menu where it says AUTOMATIC and select disable…click apply then OK now reboot and then install DVDFab.

Please NOTE if you still have the problem it is do to the fact that with the Vista Home Premium version your account is limited even if you are logged on as administrator and own the computer…( Microsofts way of making you fork out more money if you want full access to the system )…which I did :frowning:

Anyway you may have to add DVDFab to the DEP exception list…but DVDFab should do it automatically if not you will have to do it yourself.
Let me know and can help with that also if needed

BTW…you will want to re-enable Definder after you are done[/quote]

i did everythng you said and still have same problem. windows had beenactivated and i am still having the problems

PLEASE HELP!!!

manrod
you have a PM from me get back to me and let me know how it goes :wink:

Greetings Rick
Welcome to the DVDFab sub-forum at CDFreaks :cool:

I have sent you another PM.

BTW glad you are getting it to open now will send the other PM tomorrow with the other steps…need to dig into the system for that info.
Have a nice evening my friend :flower: