DVD fab and jump to main menu

vbimport

doesnt always seem to work, only on some dvds

is thre any explanation for this or just something that happens sometimes

id like to keep the menus but only the menus

PathPlayer must be enabled for this feature to work (the “Always Enable” mode is best). I use it and the “Remove Annoying PGCs” checkbox to get around all the crap. I guess there may be some DVD structures that would prevent it from working correctly, but I don’t know that I’ve ever noticed that it failed to work in a recent version of Fab.

id say about 60% of mine fail

Main movie only ftw, hehe.

(ftw = For The Win) :cool:

try customize mode
http://www.dvdfab.com/docs/index.php/Main/DVDToDVDCustomize

by default you will backup only the main movie and first menu

yeah its customize i always use, just seems to work somtimes and not others

please comment on signals pathplayer posting.

with pathplayer always enabled i have experienced disc which will still have pathplayer disabled. [even if adjusting the scan options] thus preventing the use of the navigation options.

also customize does not require the use of pathplayer if doing only the main movie.

so i guess i dont understand

seems to work somtimes and not others

do you mean that the navigation options do not work? will the disc not play the menu first? will the menu play but not the movie? what exactly is not working?

sometimes the dvd will still have the fbi warnings and such after and/or before the menu, sometimes it will work like i intend it,

ie,

put disc in > main menu > press ‘play’ >dvd main title

I either backup up full disc or main movie only with path player off. All other options seem to be hit or miss. The removal of the fbi warnings has never worked for me with path player on. :confused:

It catches some and misses some, seems to depend on the authoring of the original.

think i may abandon copying to dvd just use h264 and handbrake to go to hard drive

If the processing time was not so much longer I would do the same. I have a player with a USB jack that will play and upscale to 1080i. Really looks good (but not quite as good as a well-authored DVD).

what from a hard drive?

It does not say it will play from a HDD but I think it would if externally powered. I use an 8GB flash drive. The player has a GUI that lets you navigate and open folders, etc with the IR remote. It is a Pioneer PVS 400S I think. I’m pretty sure it’s discontinued, but the new ones seem to have the same features. The flashdrive has to be FAT32.

[QUOTE=signals;2118866]It does not say it will play from a HDD but I think it would if externally powered. I use an 8GB flash drive. The player has a GUI that lets you navigate and open folders, etc with the IR remote. It is a Pioneer PVS 400S I think. I’m pretty sure it’s discontinued, but the new ones seem to have the same features. The flashdrive has to be FAT32.[/QUOTE]yeah it will play from an external USB drive. I’ve played around with my RCA DRC285 before. You need to format the drive to FAT32.

Hi al4x,

If you see “PathPlayer is enabled” in “Info” window, the “Jump to first menu” should always work. If not, please tell us the disc name/region/country so that we can get it and test.

Thanks.

Best Regards,
Fengtao